Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I left my bike out in the rain and now the red light around the speedometer is not working. I tried to disassembly the speedometer but its sealed.
Isn´t the speedometer supposed to be water tight? :unsure:
Anyone had this problem too? Any help about how to fix it?

thanks

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There have been a few similar posts on here over the years, and most of them were replaced under warranty.

There are a few recurring problems in the Scout speedo, water ingress is one of them.
My Scout speedo was replaced under warranty when it started to show crazy high speeds instead of actual speed, a problem I shared with a few other riders on here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sadly warranty is not posible for me
Any other options?
buy a new one, unless someone with more useful knowledge knows the connections of wires on the inside to find what shorted and needs replaced youll need to find people with real know how

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I´ve been told that if I buy a new speedometer the current mileage reading will show 0 Mi
Is this true?

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
I´ve been told that if I buy a new speedometer the current mileage reading will show 0 Mi
Is this true?
That's is true.
Look at the bright side, itll be like having a brand new bike again but with out break in service costs...

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's is true.
Look at the bright side, itll be like having a brand new bike again but with out break in service costs...
Ive heard the same about people having trouble even gettting dealers to adjust the milage. Most likely what will happen is youll have to remember the old milage. But at least that number will never change

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Ive heard the same about people having trouble even gettting dealers to adjust the milage. Most likely what will happen is youll have to remember the old milage. But at least that number will never change
Because that's a felony. So I can see why people would be troubled by doing it.
Odometers. are not to be tempered with.
An official card denoting repair and mileage will be furnished with repair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts