Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Indian Chieftan and my speedo stopped working and my ABS light stays on. Do I need a new ABS Sensor and does anyone know what that may cost? Thank you 馃馃徏

Premium Member
A buddy had the same issue and we just talked about it the other day. I think he replaced the speedometer sensor and that solved it. It's possible the sensors are just dirty and you can attempt to disassemble and clean them.

I don't recall the price but I want to say it was in the neighborhood of $300 and he had the dealer do it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much. Looks like I am headed to a dealer then as I am not very mechanically inclined. I was hoping it was just a fuse but I didn鈥檛 see anything about that in the manual In fact, there is nothing in the troubleshooting in the manual at all unfortunately

Senior member / gold
I had the ABS sensor light up and stay on. I took the bike in for service and the mechanic told me to spray down the sensors with pressurized water. The sensors get road grit and brake dust on them, causing the ABS light to stay on. I kept spraying them down every time I washed the bike, not one problem since then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts