Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
No need to use them.
Best way is using some hose, a jar with some brake fluid in and you will never really go wrong

·
Bronze member
2,263 Posts
I just bought speed bleeders for my RM, but haven't installed them yet. In the past I've used vacuum bleeders on my bikes, but didn't have much luck with that on my Indian.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
God in heaven. Complaining that gravity is free when SpeedBleeders are a pittance is just goofy.
Yes I've used SBs on the Scout. And every other motorcycle I've owned. If you need other info, I think I posted up the sizes for (at least the '15-16 Scout) somewhere else. If you can't find it by searching on my name, let me know.

·
Rider
478 Posts
Be careful not to suck air on read master cylinder. It takes major f***ing around to get it out!

...and how, you might ask, would I know that? don't ask...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone used the speed bleeder for there brakes system?
I've used them on every bike I've had and they're virtually fool proof. As long as you keep the master cylinders filled with brake fluid while you're bleeding, the speedbleeders are fast and no guessing involved. My Goldwing has 7 brake bleeders and 1 hydraulic clutch bleeder to get to....it takes longer to remove and replace the bike body parts to get to the bleeders than it takes to do the actual bleeding. I don't get even the slightest amount of bubbles while I'm pumping the brakes and getting the new fluid in the brake lines to replace the old fluid. My 17 RM is coming due for a brake flush this month and I need to get Speedbleeders for it, once I find which ones I need. Looks like the bleeder on the left front is going to be longer than the right front and rear bleeder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts