Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rider
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to order Indian specialty tools other than the dealer? I know that Bosch is the mgr. but they don't list them on their website.

Thanks

·
Rider
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted all the tools necessary for a fork oil change. I contacted an Indian dealer for the prices. The total for 6 tools comes to $813.00 not including tax. Ouch! I think I'll take the forks off and take them to the dealer.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I will agree with Mr. X, Traxxion has done several fork and shock rebuilds for me. They do it right. If I keep my Elite, I will have their cartridges and springs installed this year.

·
Silver member
4,630 Posts
I wanted all the tools necessary for a fork oil change. I contacted an Indian dealer for the prices. The total for 6 tools comes to $813.00 not including tax. Ouch! I think I'll take the forks off and take them to the dealer.
Buying from the dealer is very high. I kept an eye on eBay for all the tools I needed and eventually ended up with all at a substantially lower price.

·
Rider
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buying from the dealer is very high. I kept an eye on eBay for all the tools I needed and eventually ended up with all at a substantially lower price.
I've been looking on e-bay but the Indian brand doesn't show up. Did you find the Indian tools or the next best thing?
I was also thinking of contacting you when the weather warms up for a tune with my PVCX for a 111 Springfield. Anything I should do beforehand?

·
Silver member
4,630 Posts
I've been looking on e-bay but the Indian brand doesn't show up. Did you find the Indian tools or the next best thing?
I was also thinking of contacting you when the weather warms up for a tune with my PVCX for a 111 Springfield. Anything I should do beforehand?
I did custom searches for each part number I wanted. When someone posted the tool on eBay, I got notified and bid or buy now. It took months to build up the tools, but it was a quarter of what it cost through a dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts