Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***EDIT***
You can get on the Pre Order List here: Dave T. Pilot Creative Innovations

Standard Indian Pin: $50 (plus S&H)
Special Edition Pin: $60 (plus S&H)

******************************************************************************************************

Hi Guys,

I have had a lot of requests for chrome finish. The chrome paint looks great but without the test of time in the elements, I am not confident that the finish will hold up well. It may perform very well but I cannot validate this.

I am now hand pouring the arrowheads from molten pewter. This gives me a better base on the backside to attach the hardware. The new pewter is much shinier as it has no patina. As an alternative to chrome, I experimented with polishing the pewter further and clear coating with gloss lacquer.

I then hand wet sanded the Indian Pin to remove the gold finish and was left with a silver. I am very pleased with the results. Let me know what you think.

Also, please send inquiries and requests to [email protected]. It is too hard to keep up with the PM's. Thank you! :) I am developing a website for all of the various things I do but I've been too busy to get it up and running.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great. What do you charge to make one?
They are $50 (plus S&H) for the standard pin. With the pin as pictured above there is a $10 up charge for the extra labor to wet sand the pin, polish and coat with a glossy clear resin.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,865 Posts
I just know some Harley guy is going to steal the thing, it's to damn beautiful to resist.
I agree that "someone" will get it or try to. Just like hood ornaments are mostly gone again. People just can't stand someone having something they don't have. I'd look to another Indian rider because of that though. I know, I know, no rotten Indian riders. Hope you're right.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ordered one tonight, Hope I can get the Black Indian Medallion like, M3Rogers got.

Personally, I would have told Polaris to take a hike! You have the right to buy those medallions and do whatever you want with them, You did not copy the Medallion, I don’t think they have a leg to stand on. Think of this, If you buy your Indian, and then want to sell it They can’t tell you to remove any pictures from the selling web-site! If I wanted to purchase New Indians and resell them for a higher price, there is nothing they can do about that, as long as I have a Resellers state License and pay my fees! Like they’re going to go through litigation over medallions that are the original, Yeah right! They have No patent on their Indian Script font either, it’s a public font for sale and some places give it away free.

Now if you were selling copies of medallions, that might be different. Sorry for ranting, I just hate bullcrap bully stuff like that. You created a complete different product, using a genuine Indian part. Anyhow Nice product I will wear mine proud.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey Dave, are you still doing these arrowhead bolt covers? I sent you an email and I filled out a Pre-order form, but have not heard from you?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts