Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the spear grips on my 18 Springfield dark horse. I noticed that the spear on the grip on s in a different position on the left than on the right. I looked at the instructions and I’m sure they are correct. Is that normal? Why? And can I adjust that now? There’s what looks like small hex head bolts holding the end caps on. Can the outer tube be rotated after installation to move the spear to point in the same direction on both sides?

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
If I remember right, the throttle side can rotate in quarter turns by removing the endcap.
The clutch side glues into place, so to reposition it would mean breaking loose the glue.

During install you would want to have the throttle grip into the desired position and follow with doing the clutch side to match it.

However in my case I opted to have a slight offset so when the throttle is twisted a little they match by feel. But maybe that’s just me.
Most people probably match them with throttle at rest position.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The internal tube can’t be changed as the notches that line up with the controls cluster on both sides is fixed. I was hoping that the rubber inserts were part of some outer tube that could rotate. I don’t think there is tho.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The internal tube can’t be changed as the notches that line up with the controls cluster on both sides is fixed. I was hoping that the rubber inserts were part of some outer tube that could rotate. I don’t think there is tho.
Just ran in to the same problem installing these an came here real quick before glue dries but like you said the notches put it in place.. little bombed out about that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts