Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my fairing speakers and trunk speakers with the following result. The music is louder now than before and cleaner, but If I turn it up past 18 the musics stops. The display says "Stereo Off", then after a couple seconds the music comes back on. I had the a thumb drive playing mp3's when this happened. I didn't try to replicate it with fm.

Any suggestions?

Current system:
Fairing Speakers: Focal RCX 130
Trunk Speakers: Hertz ECX 130.5
Saddle Bags: Indian Concert Audio Upgrade

Old:
Fairing Speakers: Polk DB 521
Trunk Speakers: OEM
Saddle Bags: Indian Concert Audio Upgrade

Edit: I have a 2016 Roadmaster

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It almost sounds like, at 18, your speakers are trying to pull more watts than the stock amp can push out. TBH, I don't see why you would ever need to turn it up that loud.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know little about such things. Was testing in garage to see what the new speakers would do. Didn't think this was a normal symptom. Wanted to know what was going on.

·
Rider
548 Posts
IMO the stock amp is inadequately powered and the rating they claim is max headroom wattage not continuous power...that’s why it clips so quickly. You may be driving it to hard that its resetting itself. I’d like to find a better amp for our bike that actually will push the speakers without crapping out.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
IMO the stock amp is inadequately powered and the rating they claim is max headroom wattage not continuous power...that’s why it clips so quickly. You may be driving it to hard that its resetting itself. I’d like to find a better amp for our bike that actually will push the speakers without crapping out.
There are a couple of threads on here that detail upgrades that members have done, including amps.

Reactions: CenCalRider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts