Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen plenty of threads on upgrading the front fairing speakers on the RM with Polk 521s.
Has anyone replaced the trunk speakers on the RM? If so, any idea if said Polk 521s fit there as well? Same question for the Saddlebag speakers as well.
Anyone have experience with the Polk 522s? They're specs look slightly better and the price isn't much more.

I will only use Marine grade in this application. Does anyone recommend a different brand/model? Is so a brief reason for your different selection would be appreciated.

·
Rider
527 Posts
I did Kickers in the front, only cause I had a set laying around for a scrapped sound system for my Dune Buggy. If you do the front and are getting some "Bass Pop", add a 1/8" thick nylon washer (available at Lowes) with a 1/4" diameter hole, behind the speakers on all the bolts. There was a post regarding this, but didn't see it until after I installed them, so had to take them out, and put them back in. Good luck on the trunk and/or bags

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did Kickers in the front, only cause I had a set laying around for a scrapped sound system for my Dune Buggy. If you do the front and are getting some "Bass Pop", add a 1/8" thick nylon washer (available at Lowes) with a 1/4" diameter hole, behind the speakers on all the bolts. There was a post regarding this, but didn't see it until after I installed them, so had to take them out, and put them back in. Good luck on the trunk and/or bags
Thanks for the heads up on washers. My guess is that they serve to a damper for the added bass? Probably wouldn't hurt even if I use Polks.
Were the Kickers Marine grade?

·
Rider
527 Posts
Correct, it gives the extra air moving somewhere to go. The Kickers were Marine grade. A few people have commented that they don't like them because of the heavy bass they tend to push.

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
the polks are ho hum speakers. Do yourself a favor and spend a couple dollars more and get a good set like the focals or other premium brand. You will be happier unless you really don't have much of an ear for sound, then in that case why do you want to replace the speakers??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts