Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new 6-1/2” PowerBand speakers. They didn’t come with instructions. Does anyone have them or info on how everything comes apart?

·
Rider
861 Posts
Just got my new 6-1/2” PowerBand speakers. They didn’t come with instructions. Does anyone have them or info on how everything comes apart?
Disregard my previous post, I see there’s no instructions on Indian’s website.
There should be a screw or something holding the speaker grills on, once you have that removed the speakers are easily dropped in.

·
5 years +
178 Posts
Get yourself a plastic pry tool and start prying at the upper left (left side) upper right (right side) There are 4 clips that hold the grill in place. Replace your speakers and reinstall grill starting from the inside of the grill.

·
Rider
517 Posts
Look on Indian's website. Pull up the bars or heated grips for the Challenger. At the bottom of the page, there will be a PDF on how to remove the fairing.

·
Bronze member
1,534 Posts
NO need to remove the fairing...this is about a 10 min job. They provide you an orange pry tool to get the speaker covers off.....and from there a 4-year old could finish the job. HUGE improvement in sound clarity and volume with my upgrade! So much so, it's not really worth getting the power amp and saddle bag speakers.......save your money!!!

·
Bronze member
1,534 Posts
It's plug and play and the electronics are already tuned for our Challengers. Like I said in an earlier post, I had some Indian gift cards to use and coupled with a pretty robust manufacturer incentive in the middle of this past winter, I got mine for "short" out of pocket money. They make a HUGE difference and certainly "cheaper" than going with the saddlebag lid upgrade system. Just an option.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
@HyeHog - Did they add much to the lower end of the range at all? I know you can get much lower end out of small speakers but I find there's basically nothing there right now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Did they sound any better? The factory speakers on my limited distort at around volume level 5. Not very impressive. I'd buy them if they actually sounded better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's plug and play and the electronics are already tuned for our Challengers. Like I said in an earlier post, I had some Indian gift cards to use and coupled with a pretty robust manufacturer incentive in the middle of this past winter, I got mine for "short" out of pocket money. They make a HUGE difference and certainly "cheaper" than going with the saddlebag lid upgrade system. Just an option.
Thought the dealer had to do a flash for the equalizer upgrade!

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
nope... when you put the new upgraded speakers in the ride command automatically recognizes them and upgrades to a 9 band equalizer..

·
Bronze member
1,534 Posts
@HyeHog - Did they add much to the lower end of the range at all? I know you can get much lower end out of small speakers but I find there's basically nothing there right now.
Tech, I'm not a sound guy, but I can tell you that if you know how to balance the equalizers, your bike with these upgraded speakers will sound like a concert hall. I set my volume on 2-3 setting and it practically shakes my rear view mirrors. However, we all know that just like speed and performance, you can never get enough and I assume this carries over into the sound/speaker dept as well. I'm very happy my speaker upgrades...and I'm done...no matter what the aftermarket comes out with. You really don't need any more....IMHO!!

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,293 Posts
Tech, I'm not a sound guy, but I can tell you that if you know how to balance the equalizers, your bike with these upgraded speakers will sound like a concert hall. I set my volume on 2-3 setting and it practically shakes my rear view mirrors. However, we all know that just like speed and performance, you can never get enough and I assume this carries over into the sound/speaker dept as well. I'm very happy my speaker upgrades...and I'm done...no matter what the aftermarket comes out with. You really don't need any more....IMHO!!
Thanks! For some reason I thought the Limited included them so I looked right over them. Another thing to add to the wishlist!

·
Bronze member
1,534 Posts
Anddddd this is where you post a screenshot of your EQ settings..... RIGHT? lol
When I get home from work, I will take a pic of the equilizers and post. Perhaps someone can chime in and let me know how to set the equalizers for MAX performance and sound quality!!

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
So on Cheap Cycle Parts I see the 6.5 inch replacement speakers for $249.99 a pair is this all I would need to do the upgrade?
Those are not the powerband audio. If you have the base model it would upgrade them to what the limited and dark horse have. Powerband is another upgrade.

·
Registered
563 Posts
So on Cheap Cycle Parts I see the 6.5 inch replacement speakers for $249.99 a pair is this all I would need to do the upgrade?
Those are not the powerband audio. If you have the base model it would upgrade them to what the limited and dark horse have. Powerband is another upgrade.

Aren't the SPEAKER-6.5 ,50W,AOS [PREMIUM] 4018176 the upgraded speakers? They have a different part number than the standard speakers - same wattage though.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts