Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my used 2017 Indian about 3 weeks ago. It only came with one key an I don't like the thought of having just one key, so was wanting to get a spare. It didn't come with a key tag number or anything, so not sure how I would go about getting another one.
Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
You order a blank from the dealer and then it’s off to the locksmith. Or, just have the locksmith make one from their on blank. I did it both ways.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,846 Posts
You need to know the code so you can start the bike without a key. The dealer or previous owner should have the 4 digit code. Then you can enter it with the turn signal button and use the bike. Find this code and put it in your phone. Trust me I lost my key FOB on a long trip and thank goodness I knew the code.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to know the code so you can start the bike without a key. The dealer or previous owner should have the 4 digit code. Then you can enter it with the turn signal button and use the bike. Find this code and put it in your phone. Trust me I lost my key FOB on a long trip and thank goodness I knew the code.
key fob? I just have a key. Maybe that's on a later model?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts