Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let members here know that Nicole from Hymark is getting this IMRG group rolling again.
We have active dealership support and a willing group of volunteers making this group to be successful.

Indian Motorcycles of Southern Colorado, Hymark, had the groundbreaking ceremony yesterday
Pueblo West motorsports dealer break ground on $3M expansion

We had our first group ride, (I was unable to go, next week though)

Please feel free to like on FB
Southern Colorado Indian Motorcycle Riders Group
or I can add you to our IMRG email list. ping [email protected]

Some notes from first group ride March 25, 2017

We had a good time riding the short 80 mile round trip and getting to know each other a little more. It was chilly but was totally worth it. Hopefully we can arrange another ride soon so everyone can make it. Sounds like Ed is campaigning for President now! ;)

Twas a good day in the saddle of our Indian ironhorse's. The day started out with a cold ride to HyMark (40 degrees according to the air temp gauge on the chieftain. Jason came down from the springs on his Scout, Katie from Freemont her Scout and I came up from south of Pueblo on my Chieftain for a scheduled 10am Ride. We all warmed up from the cold temperatures with coffee, juice and rolls and visited awhile before leaving around 11am or so... We felt the planned ride up in the San Isabel forest would be way cold. So Katie offered to lead us on a short local ride to Canon' City where we rode up the Red Canyon twisty road.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Emailed you...
Thanks for the information Dan, I appreciate the email to with some info to help us get started
I will give you a call tomorrow.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the weather this week, to next weekend.
Looks wet and cold to much for a weekend ride unless you are dressed up in a Tourmaster suit or something.....

On the positive side, we need the water and its only March ;)

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Glad to hear they re getting the new expansion started. I will have to ride up from New Mexico to the Grand opening. I will be moved by then. Keep me informed, brother.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Glad to hear they re getting the new expansion started. I will have to ride up from New Mexico to the Grand opening. I will be moved by then. Keep me informed, brother.
Oh, Ray your moved to warmer parts? Sorry to see you leave, assume its for the best. Probably tired of getting snowed in

Looking forward to one more ride with you!

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Oh, Ray your moved to warmer parts? Sorry to see you leave, assume its for the best. Probably tired of getting snowed in
Looking forward to one more ride with you!
Haven't move yet, May or June. 4000 acres of BLM Open space right behind the house, private garage/work space for the bike, at 5100 ft, & Sandia Mountains the other directions.
IMG_0062.JPG

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haven't move yet, May or June. 4000 acres of BLM Open space right behind the house, private garage/work space for the bike, at 5100 ft, & Sandia Mountains the other directions.
View attachment 215457
very nice

I notice no snow in the background ;)
gotta build you a barn though

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can any of you riders on this thread give me some suggestions for riding the Sandia mountain roads near Albuquerque? Will be there the middle of May vacationing.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Can any of you riders on this thread give me some suggestions for riding the Sandia mountain roads near Albuquerque? Will be there the middle of May vacationing.
Highway 14 to Santa Fe is a must ride, stopping at Maggie's cafe in Madrid. Remember the Maggie's cafe in the movie Wild hogs. I will be moved to NM by May 7, give me a shout.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cannot comment on that route but one of the best rides I have ever taken is Sante Fe, to Esponola, 68 thru Angel Fire, Eagles Nest to Red River, Questa to San Luis

New Mexico is a beautiful state, cannot go wrong on most any long distance ride....and the food, sensational. You are a man with wisdom Caveman, to move there...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I cannot comment on that route but one of the best rides I have ever taken is Sante Fe, to Esponola, 68 thru Angel Fire, Eagles Nest to Red River, Questa to San Luis

New Mexico is a beautiful state, cannot go wrong on most any long distance ride....and the food, sensational. You are a man with wisdom Caveman, to move there...
Are the Sandia mountain roads good riding. We rented a house close to the tram and all the roads look like they have a lot of curves. We like curvey roads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts