Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on I know I'm not the only one in the southeast region who rides a Indian . Just how fast have you gone on your Indian ? 95 on #964 Blue Chieftain . Just broke 800 miles , after 1000 going to open her up . My personal best was on a TR140 Triumph , 172 , wonder if my Chieftain will get close to that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my Chieftain to 119. Seems to be governed at that speed. I now have the stage1 pipes hopefully will get more speed if needed. At first I was disappointed, but the indian dealer in Ocala said I will get more when the stage 1 exhaust is installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Made a pass today on my Chieftain going down a very long down hill road. As I moved back to my lane I looked down and was at 120. Got a little freaked and slowed down. Pretty sure I had more throttle to give. LOL

Brian

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Best I could do was 120 before I ran out of throttle. I have to believe there is a governor somewhere keeping me from going any faster. These days with some of the road conditions...that was probably faster than safe to do.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Come on I know I'm not the only one in the southeast region who rides a Indian . Just how fast have you gone on your Indian ? 95 on #964 Blue Chieftain . Just broke 800 miles , after 1000 going to open her up . My personal best was on a TR140 Triumph , 172 , wonder if my Chieftain will get close to that?
I'm not saying it's impossible but 172mph on a 750 cc Bonnie with only 49 hp, tell me how that could be. I can't wait to hear this story.

·
Bronze member
3,108 Posts
My vintage won't go over 114 my buddy's 16 vintage won't even keep up with me.but one is stock the other is slightly modified,i also lost a run to a 96 inch twincam,that sucked

·
Founding member
888 Posts
I’ve had my Springfield up to 60 (but am still in break in period )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
3,108 Posts
I'm not saying it's impossible but 172mph on a 750 cc Bonnie with only 49 hp, tell me how that could be. I can't wait to hear this story.
I got a triumph t120 e w twin 32 mm macunis to 110 mph toped out,just rebuilt a stock shovelhead,clicked at 100 on the money no faster

·
Bronze member
3,108 Posts
114 in a chief,rev limiter kicks in,I'm the way to Sturgis in a 100 cu inch victory was approaching 118 when ad hwy patrol started down the on ramp I slamed on the breaks he got me at 97 wrote it at 92 said man you were moving,i said think you could cut me a break,you want to go fast get a Vic or scout

1 - 13 of 13 Posts