Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post this here, rather in the Gilroy section.

We're replacing the swingarm on an '01 Scout, due to one of the sprocket bolts backing out (no loctite on them) & binding in the swingarm. Bolt broke & tweaked the end of the arm,from the axle to the end.
Scout has a chain conversion, and my google-fu isn't bringing up anything appropriate for this application (seems to mostly dirtbike kits I'm finding).

New swingarm & chain guard are back from chrome & in the garage, new sprocket is on order, just need the sprocket bolts & we should have everything we need to do the swap.

I'm assuming it has the stock wheels/hub, but don't know if the best-drive sprocket used the same bolts.

·
Registered
373 Posts
You will probably have to measure what you need,dia,pitch,and length and then get from a quality hardware vendor.For some non standard lengths I have used Bolt Depot up in New England.

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
Here's what the bike came with. I think most chain conversions don't use the SCHS head, but if you buy one you can at least see if the threads mate up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts