Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21' Indian Roadmaster Dark Horse
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I'm looking to get my speakers upgraded and add some bass to my RM. Not really sure what to expect for pricing. Definitely not looking for top of the line equipment. Anyone gone the custom route? What did you do? Pricing if possible and maybe some pictures. Just trying to see what I can expect. Thank you. Pic for attention
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Land vehicle

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Mark, I have been considering the same things. Check out my post and you can see where I am and what I am considering. Would love to see what you come up with as well.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Man I’d wait for the Indian coupons and snag the power band speakers. They’re very good.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
LOL you find some Indian coupons, please let me know where to download them :)
They do it frequently. They just had a 50 off 250. They usually do another series as spring nears.

·
Registered
21' Indian Roadmaster Dark Horse
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I’d wait for the Indian coupons and snag the power band speakers. They’re very good.
The only coupons I've received are for $20 off apparel. After I bought my bike I dropped a good bit of money on additional accessories and couldn't get a discount at the counter.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The only coupons I've received are for $20 off apparel. After I bought my bike I dropped a good bit of money on additional accessories and couldn't get a discount at the counter.
I’ve hit the big coupons with every upgrade I’ve done. I got 500 off my bbk and 200 off my powerband speakers. You need to make sure you’re getting the promotional emails from Indian or at least watching the website. Those sales come up frequently.

Reactions: Marks2wheelJourney

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
728 Posts
Reactions: Sccarmy911

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey all... I'm looking to get my speakers upgraded and add some bass to my RM. Not really sure what to expect for pricing. Definitely not looking for top of the line equipment. Anyone gone the custom route? What did you do? Pricing if possible and maybe some pictures. Just trying to see what I can expect. Thank you. Pic for attention
View attachment 667359
I was going the aftermarket route. Got polk speakers and was getting a rockford amp. Found out that Indian speakers have a 4 wire system. Which wire is which, I could never find out. So I took it to a professional. He said he would have to splice into the main wiring harness in order to put in an amp. So I gave up on the idea. The Indian upgrade to me is just to expensive to be worth it from the upgrade you get. IMHO.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was going the aftermarket route. Got polk speakers and was getting a rockford amp. Found out that Indian speakers have a 4 wire system. Which wire is which, I could never find out. So I took it to a professional. He said he would have to splice into the main wiring harness in order to put in an amp. So I gave up on the idea. The Indian upgrade to me is just to expensive to be worth it from the upgrade you get. IMHO.
not sure of the professional that you took it to but more than likely he is all plug and play. if you are going custom there is a way without spliceing into factory harness. Davidson audio has done it with the challengers i think he is working on it for new chieftains as we speak. i have an 18 chieftain i spent days figuring out how to do it and managed to get 2 amps and a sound processor in the fairing of a chieftain. i removed the factory amp and got a plug that would work in its place. i am running a 800 watt amp to the rear jl audio 8.8 and a 400 watt to the ds 18 5.25 in the fairing is it competition quality no, can i hear it clear at 100 mph yup so i did what i wanted to do. no wires cut could put it all back to stock in a days work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts