Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fuel Moto PV3 arrived today. I plug it into the computer and I see 129 different tunes loaded. One which is very close to what I have on the bike.

I plug into the bike and only 4 tunes appear. None match the mods in my bike.

I’ve gone back to the laptop and took all the tunes that don’t match out of the folder and when I go back to the bike I get no compatible tunes available.

Stumped on this one. Any thoughts? I could wait til Monday but we want to ride tomorrow

‘17 Vintage
Stage 1 Indian AC
indian Stage 2 cams
Freedom tru dual full system with fishtails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just got my tuner last week also. I plugged it in, turned the bike on and loaded the stk file. Unplugged it from the bike and into the computer. I saw there were a lot of files, but I sent a stk and pv file to CraigB. He sent me updated files that I loaded into the pv3. I then plugged it into the bike, turned it on and erased the stk file. Selected the new file and loaded it. It prompted me to turn the bike off and back on, start the engine to test.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll send my stock one along for something better but I’d like get something close downloaded.

·
Rider
658 Posts
If I remember reading correctly, the files on before you pair to your bike include files with many different checksum values, but after you pair and download the stk, only tines with a matching checksum show. CraigB can definitely explain it better than me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured out the issue from other posts in this forum based on that info from wassup. Thanks everyone. Looking forward to a revised/updated map from FM.

·
Silver member
4,663 Posts
I wish Dynojet would stop including tune files on the PV3. They have a web server that is easy, just upload the PV_Info.txt file to here for all the Dynojet tunes that are compatible with your factory calibration's Tune CMP/Checksum. If they left them off, it would make the whole process less confusing.

Think of the Tune CMP as the operating parameter's for the fuel system and the Checksum is the exact numbers from the factory for that operating system..Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2, & Stage 3. Problem is, every time Polaris changes something for our bike's ECU, the Checksum for that Tune CMP changes. In extreme cases, they change the Tune CMP (updated FTR-1200, BBK, etc).

So when you connect your computer to the PV3, the computer could care less what the Tune CMP/Checksum is. All it sees is an USB device connected to it with files on it. So it displays everything on the PV3. But, when you connect the same PV3 to your bike, the PV3 does care about the Tune CMP/Checksum and will only display the tunes that match the factory base that is in the ECU. So very few if any is displayed. It is then up to the user to decide which Dynojet supplied tune matches their bike's A/C, Cams, Header, and Exhaust. Usually you will not have an exact match.

This is why aftermarket companies like FuelmotoUSA are good. We take the time to see what your bike's configuration is and send out only the tunes that match your bike and base factory calibration in the ECU. Even though these are "canned" tunes, they evolve over time with feedback from clients, dyno testing, and rode testing. They are very well developed tunes.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wish Dynojet would stop including tune files on the PV3. They have a web server that is easy, just upload the PV_Info.txt file to here for all the Dynojet tunes that are compatible with your factory calibration's Tune CMP/Checksum. If they left them off, it would make the whole process less confusing.

Think of the Tune CMP as the operating parameter's for the fuel system and the Checksum is the exact numbers from the factory for that operating system..Stock, Stage 1, Stage 2, & Stage 3. Problem is, every time Polaris changes something for our bike's ECU, the Checksum for that Tune CMP changes. In extreme cases, they change the Tune CMP (updated FTR-1200, BBK, etc).

So when you connect your computer to the PV3, the computer could care less what the Tune CMP/Checksum is. All it sees is an USB device connected to it with files on it. So it displays everything on the PV3. But, when you connect the same PV3 to your bike, the PV3 does care about the Tune CMP/Checksum and will only display the tunes that match the factory base that is in the ECU. So very few if any is displayed. It is then up to the user to decide which Dynojet supplied tune matches their bike's A/C, Cams, Header, and Exhaust. Usually you will not have an exact match.

This is why aftermarket companies like FuelmotoUSA are good. We take the time to see what your bike's configuration is and send out only the tunes that match your bike and base factory calibration in the ECU. Even though these are "canned" tunes, they evolve over time with feedback from clients, dyno testing, and rode testing. They are very well developed tunes.
Thanks for the write up.

I sent my stk file and PV info through the FM page this morning.

John Schlichte.

·
Silver member
4,663 Posts
Thanks for the write up.

I sent my stk file and PV info through the FM page this morning.

John Schlichte.

John, please re-submit your tune request. I just went to do it for you, so you would have it today and I deleted it by mistake. Still too early here...I apologize for the inconvenience.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts