Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to test riding the new Chieftain... the finest powerplant and throttle response that I have ever ridden. TOO BAD it's on such a lightweight and small frame. I was hoping to replace my Vision... no way Jose!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
:confused: Choice that what makes america great!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gee...I hate that!! There's not but 45 pounds curb weight difference, and that's probably due to trunk, and rack! Wheelbase is the same at 65 inches! Can't figure such a drastic difference that would be that noticable in a short test ride. Maybe it handled sooo well that you just mistakened balance and agility for lightweight frame, and shortness! Maybe you didn't want to like it when you test rode it! Preconcieved notions will sway even the most obvious intentions. I like mine for what it is, and how it was designed! It's not my Goldwing, now that's smooth and comfortable; it's not my Valkyrie, now thats got torque, but I accept it for what it is, and what I want it to do! Maybe another test ride is in order; it may just be an eye opening experience; if not, think of the fun you will have, and how much more you will appreciate your Vision!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree with Indian 1705. My Kingpin makes me feel like I'm stretched out compared to my Chieftain. I'm only 5'7". On the test rides I actually felt a little cramped on the Indian, now after 600 miles, I wouldn't go back. Rolling up to red lights with out stopping, I don't hardly counter steer at all. I'm not sure if its the rake or the weight. The Vision is a awesome bike, rode it only on demos, but Stands with a Fist (wife), loved it. Also 1705, don't worry about your spelling. We didn't have; "No child left behind" when we went to school. I'm so far behind that the dust has settled and the tail lights are gone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm 5'7" too! Been short all my life. Born at a very young age! Threatened to sue the City for building the sidewalks too close to my butt!

Hope Skip doesn't give it up on the Indian. Just got in from a 60 mile romp through the country at 74 degrees. Don't get no better!!!! Don't believe many of todays' children would go back and correct what they posted. These texts I get these days......I can't even read! So goes it! lol, lmao, and a imo!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
the chieftain and your vision arent even fair bikes to compare to each other. A goldwing to your vision would be more fair, or a cross country to the chieftain.

I rode a cross country for 22,500 miles before trading it on the Chieftain. They both handle exceptionally well with a low center of gravity. Not sure how or why you think the chieftain is lightweight on a small frame. its less than 50 lbs lighter than a Vision tour with a trunk. Its actually about 50lbs heavier than a standard cross country. Perhaps you mistook a fine handling and balanced machine for being light!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Probably because I had a preconceived notion that the Chieftain was going to be a flagship touring bike... it's not. Plus I am 6'3" and do not like riding with my knees up higher than my thighs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@after4... That nasty smell is coming from you for sure...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Oh you so wise in the ways of trollery, what do you own and what is your experience. The best advice I find on a corvette issue is from a pinto owner. Do you own a Chieftain or Cross Country or Goldwing? Yes, I own a Vintage, a Cross Country and ride with a very small lady that owns the red chieftain. I have Gopro footage showing that she fits perfect on that frame at an average of 5'3" and 110-120lbs. Her husband over 6'2" riding another brand. My wife said she wants the new victory after one ride on Indian. I now have a town cruiser and long hauler. Post your ride and credentials. I have found that most people crying troll or troller in fishing terms, tend to be in a leaking john boat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Um, what do you own and ride?
Thanks for your support, it's refreshing. However, little mumsy boys like Afterfour(rick) who probably don't own even a scooter don't bother me one bit. They remind me of the "trophy to everyone" crowd. He's really so pathetic that I would be embarrassed to even call him out... as if he'd answer anyway.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for your support, it's refreshing. However, little mumsy boys like Afterfour(rick) who probably don't own even a scooter don't bother me one bit. They remind me of the "trophy to everyone" crowd. He's really so pathetic that I would be embarrassed to even call him out... as if he'd answer anyway.
There is a bylaw against bullying ,please dont call me names again.
Afterfour(Rick)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh you so wise in the ways of trollery, what do you own and what is your experience. The best advice I find on a corvette issue is from a pinto owner. Do you own a Chieftain or Cross Country or Goldwing? Yes, I own a Vintage, a Cross Country and ride with a very small lady that owns the red chieftain. I have Gopro footage showing that she fits perfect on that frame at an average of 5'3" and 110-120lbs. Her husband over 6'2" riding another brand. My wife said she wants the new victory after one ride on Indian. I now have a town cruiser and long hauler. Post your ride and credentials. I have found that most people crying troll or troller in fishing terms, tend to be in a leaking john boat.
Sorry I cant even reply to some thing as lame as what you just said.
Afterfour(Rick)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There is a bylaw against bullying ,please dont call me names again.
Afterfour(Rick)

It's fine for you, but you got your feelings hurt... now we know who the troll is. By the way dummy, there's an apostrophe in don't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is another Indian forum he would fit right in with......Just sayin

1 - 20 of 45 Posts