Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The tiny little Allen heads that hold the switch blocks together on the bars. Are they imperial?? Can鈥檛 get any of my metric Allen鈥檚 to go close. They are so tiny. 馃馃

Silver member
Nothing imperial on these bikes. Tried a size inbetween?

oh btw, if you intend to take them off to change the bars, you do not need to open the switch blocks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing imperial on these bikes. Tried a size inbetween?

oh btw, if you intend to take them off to change the bars, you do not need to open the switch blocks.
Nah I just wanted to move them up the bars about 12mm to accomodate some new bar ends. Thought I would have to at least crack those tiny Allen鈥檚 to move them? Your suggestions please Max?

Silver member
@ferraiolo1 posted about it a while ago.

Afaik there's a small hole on the outside of the switch clusters (only visible with the grips removed). Insert a flat screwdriver or something in it and you can slide them off.

Btw, if you want to relocate them (narrower), you need to drill a new hole in the bars.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Mmmmm might have to have a look for this fastener 2

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
are they allens or torx?
Well my old eyes are saying there Allen鈥檚 but I鈥檒l have another look. May even borrow the youngest to have a squiz. They are so tiny. Max sent a pic from the manual but I still have to look for this fastener 2 馃憤馃槑馃嚘馃嚭

1 - 9 of 9 Posts