Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
drivers back support, stage one exhaust,or wait for the freedom true dual exhaust system,the new big mouth air filter,pc5, Indian led light all of them, also hoping john from dirty-bird is going to do a true dual exhaust system for the chief/vintage bikes
i think he'll sell a shit load of them...:cool:

·
Registered
42 Posts
For a brand new Vintage Chief, what are some must have upgrades?
1. Stage 1 with Fishtails (cuz they look/sound amazing)
2. chrome fender tip accents (cuz they look cool and vintage Indians had them)
3. chrome front fender tubular bumper (safety; they protect your front fender - and vintage Indians had them' don't need the rear if you have fishtails)
4. rear highway bars (safety; saves your bike if you dump it)
5. pinnacle script mirrors (safety; they are a little taller & wider than stock mirrors and you can see behind you a bit better)
6. detachable passenger backrest (if you have a Mrs; mine is 5'10" and the tall backrest is perfect for her)

I'm 5'10" and don't need highway pegs as I stretch out fine on the stock boards. I haven't checked out the new passenger boards yet so I can't comment.

Good luck!

DY

·
Registered
109 Posts
I chose the stage 1 exhaust with fishtails, passenger backrest, passenger adjustable floorboards and the glove box. If i had to prioritize it would have been passenger backrest first, then stage 1. Put the highway pegs on it off my old bike, they fit great. My wife said I can't go back into the Indian store for a month!

Damnyankee added some more things to my list.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Absolute necessities: handlebar bag, backrest and highway pegs. Now, if you'll excuse me I've got to go ride...

·
Early joiner
90 Posts
Passenger backrest if you have a lady that rides with you. My wife was with me at the dealer demo day and tried both. She felt the tall one was far more comfortable. I came away from the demo day feeling the grip wraps make a big difference for comfort.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I did the mirrors, inlayed floorboards, stage 1 six shooters (sound great) chrome caliper covers and rear crash bars (rather than smashing a leather bag)

·
Registered
28 Posts
For me, above an beyond all upgrades - heal shifter, driver's backrest next then handle bar bag. Everything else (and I have a lot) is just gravey, lol.

Nick

·
Registered
109 Posts
After riding my 1st hundred miles, the handle bar bag is worth the price! Looks good and very handy. Garage door opener, gate opener, 2 cell phones, work badge, tobacco and still room for more!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't forget to install the lower wind deflectors. They eliminate the updraft you get between the tank and the windshield. Also reduces the wind noise 50%.

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Drivers backrest and crashbar pegs.
That is all that I've added.
Now I'm reading about the kit to drop the floorboards....
I'll probably domino for that.
Other than these few things for comfort? I'm good as it is.

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
a larger hat to accommodate your swelling cranium - it happens when you get oodles of compliments on your new ride [smug]

·
Registered
845 Posts
For you #1.Highway bars for sure , gotta stretch out especially on long trips. I thought I would need a backrest but the seat is very comfy for me the way it is. And I have a bad back.
For the passenger - back rest and floor boards, I'm always worried about my girls(daughters) sliding off the back. I've yet to get one because they are so damn expensive.
And for the Bike aftermarket pipe, a/c, power commander, dyno, custom paint to call it your own. Now save your money.:cool:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts