Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used a sheep skin/wool cover for their solo seat in the summer? I have a 2018 Chieftain Classic solo that cooks my ass!!! Any links/recommendation? (have PVCX, stage II, cat out etc)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Just got a sheepskin from Alaska Leather for my Ultimate Tall Boy solo seat. So far, have only tried it on a 7 hour ride, but it worked like a charm in that instance. Best $75 I've spent on the bike...

·
Rider
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got a sheepskin from Alaska Leather for my Ultimate Tall Boy solo seat. So far, have only tried it on a 7 hour ride, but it worked like a charm in that instance. Best $75 I've spent on the bike...
Looks good, price is higher now, but hey, when your ass hurts no matter...............thanks

·
Rider
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both. Helps make seat mor comfortable and your ass does not sweat! Did 3,000 miles on it, great improvement

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
1,031 Posts
I used to have the same problem as y'all with the heat, then I purchased a crotch cooler from Capt Itch. Heat problem gone.

Then last week I decided to take the crotch cooler off as I no longer have the cat, Freedom True Duals and I've read how much cooler the bike runs without the cat. On the ride up to Anna Marie this weekend I almost roasted my azz off, there's still boo koo heat on that rear jug even with no cat. I put the crotch cooler back on and all is nice and kool again. Capt Itch is the answer.

·
Rider
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have also added heat reflecting tape on the bottom of my seat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts