Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the Wife is riding her own Scout Bobber now, I have no need for a rear 'seat' and was thinking why do I need the passenger foot-pegs and skinny passenger seat? Anyone have a solo seat on a Dark Horse Chieftain (2019)? I looked on the Indian OEM website and the only options (with the filter applied) are the heated seats with the god awful tassles attached.

Has anyone here plugged / removed the rear foot pegs and purchased some sort of solo seat?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a black leather solo seat, not heated with silver studs. With or without seat rail
BTW the tassels/fringe is attached by velcro under the skirt and is removable.
2FA8AD27-53F6-4DFE-A3B7-E565E2ACD2E2.jpeg
2FA8AD27-53F6-4DFE-A3B7-E565E2ACD2E2.jpeg 9265BB9B-F4FC-4C87-A541-9FE382C57745.jpeg
2FA8AD27-53F6-4DFE-A3B7-E565E2ACD2E2.jpeg
9265BB9B-F4FC-4C87-A541-9FE382C57745.jpeg
EFDDD492-2896-4896-A50B-256115B2D3AE.jpeg
2512B66D-AA89-4BC7-BC08-77F702E23A94.jpeg

·
Registered
156 Posts
Since the Wife is riding her own Scout Bobber now, I have no need for a rear 'seat' and was thinking why do I need the passenger foot-pegs and skinny passenger seat? Anyone have a solo seat on a Dark Horse Chieftain (2019)? I looked on the Indian OEM website and the only options (with the filter applied) are the heated seats with the god awful tassles attached.

Has anyone here plugged / removed the rear foot pegs and purchased some sort of solo seat?
All the 111 bikes have the same seat mounting, so any solo seat that fits a chief, vintage, Springfield, etc will fit your chieftain as well and the stock seats for those bikes are two piece with removable pillion seat, so just buying a stock seat will give you a decent solo seat option. Can also add the fender rack in place of rear seat for those ones. Also, the tassles on the indian seats are just velcro on so if you like the heated seat but don't want the tassles they peel right off. Outside indian OEM options, there are a lot of other choices for seats too. I know Corbin makes a solo seat, as well as Mustang and Ultimate Seats.

For the passenger pegs, I know Aeromach makes a filler piece that just bolts up there once the pegs are removed. I know they do one in chrome, can't recall if they make one in black.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a black leather solo seat, not heated with silver studs. With or without seat rail
BTW the tassels/fringe is attached by velcro under the skirt and is removable.
Thanks for explaining that they are velcro'd on. The silver studs don't appear to be removable though?

All the 111 bikes have the same seat mounting, so any solo seat that fits a chief, vintage, Springfield, etc will fit your chieftain as well and the stock seats for those bikes are two piece with removable pillion seat, so just buying a stock seat will give you a decent solo seat option. Can also add the fender rack in place of rear seat for those ones. Also, the tassles on the indian seats are just velcro on so if you like the heated seat but don't want the tassles they peel right off. Outside indian OEM options, there are a lot of other choices for seats too. I know Corbin makes a solo seat, as well as Mustang and Ultimate Seats.

For the passenger pegs, I know Aeromach makes a filler piece that just bolts up there once the pegs are removed. I know they do one in chrome, can't recall if they make one in black.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I've just go to find some pics of the solo seat installed on a Dark Horse Chieftain. I'm trying to visualize it on my bike but my imagination sucks lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
The silver studs are replaceable but you have to remove the leather from the seat pan then replace them with something more desirable like black studs, colored spots or jeweled spots. Then put it back together! The conch is are replaceable by removing the screw from the back, 3mm Allen wrench IIRC.
Indian makes a leather solo seat without studs too!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Thanks for explaining that they are velcro'd on. The silver studs don't appear to be removable though?

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Now I've just go to find some pics of the solo seat installed on a Dark Horse Chieftain. I'm trying to visualize it on my bike but my imagination sucks lol
Ask and yea shall receive.

Below is the Indian solo reduced reach seat on a CDH.

And, a Corbin that I bought and installed on my RM.

Reactions: Wyobob44

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
which one do you like better, the OEM or the Corbin?
I bought the Corbin and did not realize it was a reduced reach seat. It is a NICE ride, but pushes me too far forward. So, I took it off and have it in the garage. I am thinking about trying it again. Too damned nice to let it sit.

Reactions: Usafle

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you selling that?
The solo seat and rail? yes I would sell it. $300 with the rail split shipping? Do you need the passenger pillion too? I have that as well. It came as a set. I've never unwrapped it and it is as new.
I know it's none of my business but your DH should have the same or similar 2 piece seat. You know the passenger seat is removable, right?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my 2019 Chieftain D.H. it's all one long seat.... The gunfighter seat or something like that it's called.

·
Registered
38 Posts

I took the passenger pad off - can still install it when wife rides.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts