Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this bag and what are your impressions of it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do. It is certainly overpriced, but I use it much more than I use my saddlebags. It is just super easy to toss in my phone, wallet, etc. I also keep my registration, insurance card, and the owners manual in it. It is not real leather, but it keeps the rain out.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I know it’s pricey, but if it functional for what I need and complements the bike I’m good!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Fly Racing makes one that fits the Scout rack perfectly at less than half the price. Not as pretty, but more pockets, expandable, and has an orange interior.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i have it, its not very roomy and tends to collect dirt on the inside - which is a hassle because its tough to take off and has a slanted bottom

overall though I really like it, its minimalist and holds a pair of swim shorts, spare riding glasses, basic tools and insurance/ wallet.

·
Bronze member
4,313 Posts
When I had a Scout I bought a Givi 15lt Cargo Bag, which was the exact size and shape of the Scout rear rack. This model has been discontinued but Givi might have a replacement of it.

·
Rider
946 Posts
When I bought my Suzuki, it had one of these on it. I found it to be so practical and roomy that I bought a new one for my Scout. It holds a lot of stuff and has a bunch of D rings so you can strap another bag on top of it. It does have a quick release and handle so you can take it off easily for security if desired. It's pretty water resistant and has a rain cover that can be unfolded on top of it also.

I'm going to finally spring for some Leatherworks saddlebags with the quick release mounts, but I procrastinated for so long because this was so low cost and practical I hated to spring for the saddlebags.

Saddlemen tunnel bag.jpg

bag 01.jpg

The bag can expand a fair amount if you cram stuff into it.
I carry a couple of bottles of water and a battery operated pump all the time in the two side areas. In the outside of the top is a zippered compartment where I carry a tire plug kit. In the inside of the top behind the mesh is restaurant gloves for pumping gas (pump handles are as germy as toilet seats LOL), an adapter for charging my phone off the battery pigtail, snacks , documents, and an elastic cargo net. I have folded my armored mesh jacket and put it inside the bag.

bag 02.jpg

·
Rider
946 Posts
Does that bag's side compartments touch your paint?
A little. But not continuously. After being on a long time I had a little black streak on one side of the fender, but it came right off with wax.
I will say that because of the limited grab spots on the luggage rack I used some extra velcro strips to make the base more secure to it. The bag detaches from the base.

Here's a youtube video on it from J&P which will give you a better idea of it. Depending on your budget and needs this is a very functional alternative to saddlebags. I've used this for over 3 years on two successive bikes. Each time (like right now) that I'm thinking saddlebags, I get indecisive because of the cost since I already have this. If you want something to tide you over for a year or such until you get bags, this is the way to go. IMO.

One final thing. It fades from the UV rays. Can't be prevented. My wife dyed the nylon fabric portions and it looks brand new again.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Kriega US-20 Drypack on my Sixty. Just the right size for most trips and surprisingly roomy and expandable, but small and compact enough if you only have a few items to carry - it also has a detachable carry strap so you can take it with you over your shoulder if you don't want to leave it on the bike, which is great if you keep valuables in it.
us-20-drypack19
IMG_3989.JPG

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have the Kriega US-20 Drypack on my Sixty. Just the right size for most trips and surprisingly roomy and expandable, but small and compact enough if you only have a few items to carry - it also has a detachable carry strap so you can take it with you over your shoulder if you don't want to leave it on the bike, which is great if you keep valuables in it.
us-20-drypack19
View attachment 595989
Nice! What pipes are those you have?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts