Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked at the Indian Luggage rack and thought it was kind of plain looking. Aeromac make a rack and it looks better. Does anyone have this? Happy with it? It says it is not compatible with the seat rail. Anyone tried? Any easy mod? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The Aeromach does look cool, but I wonder just how functional it would be. The Indian rack is flat and things can easily be placed on it and secured. the Aeromach, being curved doesn't look like it would handle anything ridged and a couple of feet long. I have the Indian luggage rack and the solo grab rail on my Classic. Both provide ample points to secure gear...

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have the Indian solo and grabrail and driver backrest. I've strapped boxes and gear on with bungee cords etc. and can haul a lot despite the small footprint of the solo rack. The solo rack is also good for putting on stainless flag mounts and flying dual or more flags. I'm going to get the American Rider curved trunk for the back next, hopefully for Christmas.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Aeromach does look cool, but I wonder just how functional it would be. The Indian rack is flat and things can easily be placed on it and secured. the Aeromach, being curved doesn't look like it would handle anything ridged and a couple of feet long. I have the Indian luggage rack and the solo grab rail on my Classic. Both provide ample points to secure gear...
Yeah,looking pretty does not always mean functional. Are we talking racks or women? Anyway, I think I will get the Aoeromach just to get my hands on it and see if it is capable of carrying a trunk. If not I will just return it and go with the Indian stup. I want the rail too, both for looks and functionality.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Indian solo and grabrail and driver backrest. I've strapped boxes and gear on with bungee cords etc. and can haul a lot despite the small footprint of the solo rack. The solo rack is also good for putting on stainless flag mounts and flying dual or more flags. I'm going to get the American Rider curved trunk for the back next, hopefully for Christmas.
Hi Blue,, With enough bungies you can carry anything. I have a HD trunk coming from a friend in Canada. Just need enough for weekends.I'll see if the curved Aeromach piece will hold it. Crossing my fingers. Ride safe,

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I have the Indian Solo Rack and it is a quality piece.
I just wish Indian had some distressed tan leather luggage for that rack.
Something matching, with fringe, please.

That little messenger bag that they sell makes the set up look like you are delivering pizza.
Besides being a tad on the expensive side.

·
Gold Supporting Member
3,248 Posts
You can find the Indian Solo Luggage racks on eBay for about $50.00 less than ordering directly from Indian.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have the Indian Solo Rack and it is a quality piece.
I just wish Indian had some distressed tan leather luggage for that rack.
Something matching, with fringe, please.

That little messenger bag that they sell makes the set up look like you are delivering pizza.
The Indian solo rack is the one for me also it looks the goods nice chrome finish looks & fits like a glove

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
I saved close to $200 on mine.....which arrived today!! :) I'm ready to start delivering pizzas!!! LOL

(20" tall by 14" wide)

Messenger Bag.JPG

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Congratulations on getting the messenger bag.
I've never looked at one in person.
I'm curious about the "attaches to the rack securely with metal clips".
How do the clips work?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Congratulations on getting the messenger bag.
I've never looked at one in person.
I'm curious about the "attaches to the rack securely with metal clips".
How do the clips work?
Ask and ye shall receive. One more damn thing my dealer had in stock. Man, them guys in Tucson are good!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
It looks like you are running out of places to attach bags.....I wish there was a place on the chieftain for a bag I can reach in front of me while riding...every time I open the saddlebag while moving I wonder what is left on the road.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Reactions: the doctor

·
Registered
232 Posts
It looks like you are running out of places to attach bags.....I wish there was a place on the chieftain for a bag I can reach in front of me while riding...every time I open the saddlebag while moving I wonder what is left on the road.
I could probably add a bag to each side of the crash bars which could mean 4 more bags. But, I might be saving thoses spaces for more fringe ;-)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got the Aeromach luggage rack. It is a really nice piece of steel and the chrome is hi quality. Well made and fit fine.

But it is not as functional as I hoped it would be. Not enough hold points for bungies,, says can't use with seat rail, and sits only 1 inch above the fender. I am afraid that anything you might use to attach bags will scuff the paint. I have not finished playing with it yet.

It looks great on the bike though, very classy and modern. I'll keep it for looking cool and get the Indian rack for trips I guess. I'll post more after I experiment some. Jefe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts