Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these from a forum member a few days ago but, they were just not what I was wanting.
I was hoping for just a bit more "grit" so, I decided to go another direction.

Selling them for just what I paid for them:
$185 + shipping

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm not ready to buy now, but American Custom was one of the mufflers I wanted to check out when I am ready to buy. Could yo help me by letting me know what you mean by wanting more grit?

How do the American Custom mufflers compare to the stock mufflers with the plugs out? Are they much louder? Do they have a lower rumble? How would you describe their sound?

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'm not ready to buy now, but American Custom was one of the mufflers I wanted to check out when I am ready to buy. Could yo help me by letting me know what you mean by wanting more grit?

How do the American Custom mufflers compare to the stock mufflers with the plugs out? Are they much louder? Do they have a lower rumble? How would you describe their sound?

Thanks
They sound much like the stock mufflers but a bit louder -maybe 30% louder. They sound good at idle and rev nice.
I am just wanting something with a bit more bark.
If you send your stock mufflers in to AC you would end up spending close to $300 with shipping. I’m offering these at the same price I paid for them so that someone else can save some money too.

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
these are what I am running... they are just right for me... I like the looks of the stock mufflers and these fit the bill...

Reactions: Silverback

·
Registered
221 Posts
They sound much like the stock mufflers but a bit louder -maybe 30% louder. They sound good at idle and rev nice.
I am just wanting something with a bit more bark.
If you send your stock mufflers in to AC you would end up spending close to $300 with shipping. I’m offering these at the same price I paid for them so that someone else can save some money too.
I am probably looking for the impossible: a lower rumble without it being much louder than stock. I like the louder rumble when riding, but not at home or in the neighborhood, etc. I'm beginning to think that my only option is Jekill & Hyde mufflers, but they are very pricey and not currently a budgetary option.

I live fairly close to American Custom and am planning to buy their PowerFlex header (made from my stock header). I like that they weld a diverter into the system to reduce any pinging noise caused by the empty cat chamber and to better equalize the flow of exhaust into both mufflers. Being local (with no shipping costs) $199 is a reasonable and affordable price.

I think your best way of selling you AC slip-ons is by letting every Indian rider you meet know the slip-ons on your bike are for sale. At the price you are offering, if they like the sound, it should be a quick sale. Best of luck in selling them quickly -- I'm sure they will be a great deal for someone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts