Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rider
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***SOLD***
For sale is a set of Indian Lower Wind Deflectors, along with a brand new set of Freedom Shields deflectors (Freedom gets $49 for these alone).
More info about the Freedom Shields replacement deflectors can be found here $140 + shipping.

Attachments

·
Rider
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I noticed that Indian has these on sale right now, so I'll sweeten the deal with a sale price too. $115 + shipping.

·
Rider
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I suppose I am one of the fortunate few that is not really bothered by the negative pressure turbulence found behind the shield. Perhaps it's my height or distance back from the shield that makes this less of a concern. Many struggle with buffeting and try to correct it with various height shields, or shields with recurve. The best way to alleviate it is with lowers. I've done this on many bikes in the past. However, for me, the Springfield does not really have much of an issue. In fact the stock windshield is even perfect for me.

What is nice about these lowers, is that the design is fairly subtle and they don't really stand out and aren't obnoxious, but rather flow with the design of the bike. being clear they blend with the shield and almost look like they are supposed to be there, rather than some aftermarket thing just stuck on the bike.

I think the Freedshields glass with the Indian brackets would be the perfect combination if you are trying to address buffeting. Read more about buffeting and these shields here.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Are these supposed to go together or do you put either the OEM or the freedom ones and will these fit a 2019 dark horse?

·
Rider
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are these supposed to go together or do you put either the OEM or the freedom ones and will these fit a 2019 dark horse?
The Indian glass can be used with the Indian brackets, or you can exchange the Indian glass with the Freedom glass and mount that with the Indian brackets.
Do you have a Chief, Chieftain, or Springfield Dark Horse? These shields are for the Springfield

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm selling these
LOWER WIND DEFLECTOR CLEAR - 2881023-156

I think you need these
LOWER WIND DEFLECTORS CLEAR - 2879548-156

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I noticed that Indian has these on sale right now, so I'll sweeten the deal with a sale price too. $115 + shipping.

I am interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts