Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Interested ,how do I install ?,what will stage one do ,exhaust, intake .for a18 chieftain limited
dealer has to do the calibration card install. Its not actually a "card" that goes anywhere on the bike. Its just a code that allows them to flash the computer on your bike.

Stage 1 implies slip-on exhaust or intake kit or both. If you are planning on doing both, wait until both are installed before you use the calibration card. You wouldn't want to calibrate it for an exhaust and then add an intake later. You would have to flash it again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interested ,how do I install ?,what will stage one do ,exhaust, intake .for a18 chieftain limited
Flash has to be done at the dealership, mine charged me $39 for it. They need the card with the calibration number to be able to perform the flash. Stage 1 is exhaust, intake or both, as said.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealer has to do the calibration card install. Its not actually a "card" that goes anywhere on the bike. Its just a code that allows them to flash the computer on your bike.

Stage 1 implies slip-on exhaust or intake kit or both. If you are planning on doing both, wait until both are installed before you use the calibration card. You wouldn't want to calibrate it for an exhaust and then add an intake later. You would have to flash it again.
I was told by my dealer there is only one stage 1 flash, independent if you do slip-ons, intake or both. So you would be able to add the slip-ons or intake first, flash it and add the other option later w/o reflashing.

·
Registered
28 Posts

Ok ,i’ll Go for it ,I won’t be able to try it till Nov mbike is in Fl till return for the winter,need pp address ,Bill

·
Rider
798 Posts
Well how did the Scotty do his bike did he have 2 ,do u get them with all components sold by Indian ?
any stage upgrade part comes with a card
airboxes
exhaust
cams
big bore

all come with their own calibration card, all cards can be used for any of the upgrades. They aren't card/upgrade specific

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the quick reply ,kinda new to Indians ,been on Harley’s for 54 yrs,had an disagreement with Ocala HD,went down the block traded my 18 street glide in for a new Chieftain limited brought it in for 500 service with a thousand mi,12 days later,,it rides smoother then my HDs,I just hope they hold up maintenance wise and trade in value !

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well how did the Scotty do his bike did he have 2 ,do u get them with all components sold by Indian ?
I bought one on this forum like you just did. I bought my stage 1 slipons used here in the forum. When I upgraded the intake recently, I had the card left over. Paid 40 bucks for the Calibration Card. It can be used only one time . Card should arrive soon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one on this forum like you just did. I bought my stage 1 slipons used here in the forum. When I upgraded the intake recently, I had the card left over. Paid 40 bucks for the Calibration Card. It can be used only one time . Card should arrive soon.
I wasn’t implying anything ! , I was just confused in regards to using the card not knowing u get one on each purchase ! .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts