Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Founding Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Software Update!!!
The long awaited upgrade is finally here. As of January 2nd 2015 Indian Motorcycle Company has released a software upgrade for all 2014 models and 2015 Classic and Vintage Motorcycles. Some of our Indian riding family have been wanting to get rid of the Brake-Throttle Override interaction. Indian has produced a software update that solves this issue.

The Brake-Throttle Override will temporarily close the throttle plate and in some cases make the check engine light come on. Indian put in this feature as a safety precaution while riding but due to different riding styles it has not turned out beneficial for all riders. so now if you so desire you can have this feature removed.

Come see us at Indian & Victory of Scottsdale and we can gladly help you out with anything you may need for your ride. Ride safe and we'll see you soon!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Software Update!!!
The long awaited upgrade is finally here. As of January 2nd 2015 Indian Motorcycle Company has released a software upgrade for all 2014 models and 2015 Classic and Vintage Motorcycles. Some of our Indian riding family have been wanting to get rid of the Brake-Throttle Override interaction. Indian has produced a software update that solves this issue.

The Brake-Throttle Override will temporarily close the throttle plate and in some cases make the check engine light come on. Indian put in this feature as a safety precaution while riding but due to different riding styles it has not turned out beneficial for all riders. so now if you so desire you can have this feature removed.

Come see us at Indian & Victory of Scottsdale and we can gladly help you out with anything you may need for your ride. Ride safe and we'll see you soon!
So why doesn't Indian notify owners of the machines affected that these UPDATES are available ????

·
Founding Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got the email from a local dealer. Thought I would pass it on.

Reactions: harry

·
Registered
121 Posts
It affects all 2014 models. I was in dealership on Dec 27th having Air Cleaner Kit installed, and dealer did the re-flash to remove TBO at that time...no extra charge.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't think you have to pay for it. One of the upgrades is a patch. My fob had a low battery which disabled the starter. Old software can have this happen and inexperienced this. After replacing the battery the engine still won't acknowldge the fob. The new patch solves this problem.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Software Update!!!

Does this software upgrade also fix the surging issues? And does Indian cover this on warranty?Thanks, Jefe

·
Founding Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll find out this weekend.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'll find out this weekend.
THanks, that would be great. I see now that you are not working for the dealer.You get your dealers answer and I'll get my dealers answer. Then we can compare. Could be interesting.

While very nice, helpful, and perfectly willing to sell me a bike, I found the staff to be a little under educated about the bike, capabilities, service issues etc... But it is a new bike, dealer system, and I guess we are all learning together. Hopefully Polaris has good techs for dealer support to answer our questions. Experienced riders will ask alot of questions. I like my salesman and the guy over service at the Killeen dealer. They had the right attitude.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaking of software updates, the "other" v-twin company allows riders to download software updates and apply them by inserting a memory stick with the update into the USB port. Anybody know if Indian plans on doing this? Not thrilled having to go to the dealer every time there's an update available.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts