Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my local dealership today and seen a Scout in person. I live the bike, but not too crazy about the bars. I'm thinking a set of mini apes would look great on it. What do yall think?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Apes... yep. I think by this time next year we'll be seeing many different types of customs online with this bike. Hot rods, bobbers, you name it. I think this bike has the potential to be many things to many people.

·
Registered
694 Posts
i still would like some apes, if i ever get the bike. anyone put apes on yet?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mines in the shop right now getting mini apes. I was tired of being uncomfortable with the low bars. Pulls my neck and shoulders too much on any lengthy ride. Did some research on the look I wanted. The Klockwerks bars are ugly, too skinny and weird shaped like the old Buckhorns. I've chosen the 13in LA Chopper twin peaks.

Pain in the butt to get it to work, cut and widen center, cut old bar ends and weld to new bar to fit grips, then powder coat black. The Scout triple tree is has integrated mounts which are too wide for most bars.

So its been a week and probably another to get power coating done, but it will be what I want on my Scout. Talk about an upgrade. I'm too excited just waiting for it. Will post pics when its complete.

Reactions: Roll On and Cindy

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Eeesh! But if that's your thing, google the Klockwerks custom Scout, they put apes on theirs, there's pics online, along with other heresies they performed!
Some things just don't need improvement, some bling maybe, a makeover don't think so. You can individualize a bike to the point that only a Shriner would love it.

·
Super Moderator
5,884 Posts
Some things just don't need improvement, some bling maybe, a makeover don't think so. You can individualize a bike to the point that only a Shriner would love it.
Uhhh . . . In most states Shriners don't individualize their bikes, they are all the same - color, graphics, chrome, etc. Unless it is a Shriner Clown unit.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Uhhh . . . In most states Shriners don't individualize their bikes, they are all the same - color, graphics, chrome, etc. Unless it is a Shriner Clown unit.
Shriner Clown Unit - that sounds awesome. Where do I sign up?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've thought the same thing about the mini apes before. As I'm a taller rider (6'3) I was thinking about seeing if I could get the Victory Highball bars on my Scout. The stock bars are too small for me, so if I have to change them out, I might as well do it with something a little bit more custom.

Maybe there is a Photoshop person on here that could pull those together quickly to give us all the idea on what it would look like?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts