Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Founding Member / Distinguished
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine recently toured the Black Hills and he stopped by the Sturgis Indian dealership to test ride a Challenger. The salesman told him it’s a 8 second 1/4 mile bike straight form the factory .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Silver member
5,043 Posts
That's not right. It is 12.2... 3.9 seconds 0-60.

·
Registered
188 Posts
We purchased our bikes in Sturgis while on a road trip. Was very impressed with the dealership. The service was, and has continued to be above any I get from my local dealer here in the PNW.
The sales guy we worked with gave us the space we needed. (I'm in sales, so personally don't want to be bothered, just need my questions answered with honesty. I'd prefer to hear I don't know, but will check, rather than a guess or opinion.)

That said, I have ordered ALL my OEM parts from Sturgis Indian. The only thing I haven't purchased is the oil change kits.

·
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, an uniformed or outright lying salesman!!!! Who'd a thunk it? I'm sure no other brand of motorcycle or automotive dealership would allow such a thing, LOL.
They all do we know that and that’s why it’s comical to me. My buddy was actually impressed with the bike.
I used in a car dealership that started selling undercoating and paint sealing. So I know BS when I hear it lol

·
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We purchased our bikes in Sturgis while on a road trip. Was very impressed with the dealership. The service was, and has continued to be above any I get from my local dealer here in the PNW.
The sales guy we worked with gave us the space we needed. (I'm in sales, so personally don't want to be bothered, just need my questions answered with honesty. I'd prefer to hear I don't know, but will check, rather than a guess or opinion.)

That said, I have ordered ALL my OEM parts from Sturgis Indian. The only thing I haven't purchased is the oil change kits.
This post is not about slamming the dealership or the Challenger it’s about is this the being of a lore starting. For example owners saying there bike is faster than a Hyabusa things like that.

·
Bronze member
2,050 Posts
A buddy of mine recently toured the Black Hills and he stopped by the Sturgis Indian dealership to test ride a Challenger. The salesman told him it’s a 8 second 1/4 mile bike straight form the factory .

Are you sure he didn't say 1/8 mile? Most drag strips run 1/8 mile runs these days.

·
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you sure he didn't say 1/8 mile? Most drag strips run 1/8 mile runs these days.
He said the salesman told him a 1/4 mile. Most drag racing I watch is the 1/4 mile. Hell they even race those big wheel cars (Donks) in 1/4 mile drags

·
Registered
422 Posts
This post is not about slamming the dealership or the Challenger it’s about is this the being of a lore starting. For example owners saying there bike is faster than a Hyabusa things like that.

Don't say that to the owners of Triumph Rocket

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Registered
188 Posts

Wasn't insinuating that you were.
Simply stating my experiences with that dealer. 🙂

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,244 Posts
Money talks and bullshit walks was the old saying. Sounds as though that salesman was full of it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think the magazine articles on the Challenger put the 1/4 mile speed at 105.51 mph in 12.2 seconds. And, that's with someone riding that is well acquainted with running the bike on a strip. For the average to even skilled running of a bike on the strip, the time would be quite a bit higher due to unfamiliar and incorrect launch rpms, tire pressures and such. The average rider would be lucky to come within 1-3 seconds of someone with the right knowledge. Just my opinion.

·
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the magazine articles on the Challenger put the 1/4 mile speed at 105.51 mph in 12.2 seconds. And, that's with someone riding that is well acquainted with running the bike on a strip. For the average to even skilled running of a bike on the strip, the time would be quite a bit higher due to unfamiliar and incorrect launch rpms, tire pressures and such. The average rider would be lucky to come within 1-3 seconds of someone with the right knowledge. Just my opinion.
There’s a new bagger drag racing series is like to see some Indians competing in them.

·
Registered
95 Posts

Ah, the salesman was actually talking about a modded Dodge Challenger, not an Indiano_O

1 - 20 of 20 Posts