Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody know of some smoked turn signal lenses that will fit a 2020 Bobber Sixty? I’m not a fan of the orange. I popped it off and it appears to be one piece with the led bulb attached to the lens.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can't help you with the parts, but I do know they make tint spray. I've used it before many times on reflectors.
Material property Liquid

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm interested in Smoke lenses for a 2020 bobber also, I'm aiming they are probably the same?

I'm not a huge fan of NiteShadez and the like, they will fade over time, and the clear lens color will ultimately look better imo.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used VHT (3 coats) and got exactly the look I wanted. Maybe 2 would have been a little better for daylight riding but it’s plenty visible and more so at night. If you decide to DIY, protect everything as the overspray surprised me but I used a whole roll of drape tape so garage floor took the worst of it.

·
Registered
'14 Indian Chieftain, Stage 1 AC/Pipes, decatted, Dynojet PV3, Mid-Rise Bars, Heated Grips/Seats
98 Posts
I used VHT (3 coats) and got exactly the look I wanted. Maybe 2 would have been a little better for daylight riding but it’s plenty visible and more so at night. If you decide to DIY, protect everything as the overspray surprised me but I used a whole roll of drape tape so garage floor took the worst of it.
Any chance you have pictures? Is the VHT reversible? I've got my Chieftain fairing apart right now and tried the Translucent Black Rustoleum Peel Coat. Really didnt darken them much, if at all, so I peeled that off and was considering VHT Nightshades next.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sure! You can see up front on the right blinker (left side) I got a little heavy with the spray so 4 coats would be too much. I'm told that you can get it off with a little gasoline on a rag but haven't tried it. Obviously it shows up better at night than during the day but the back is plenty bright for me in daylight when riding which is my biggest concern (it passed the concerned wife test).

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure! You can see up front on the right blinker (left side) I got a little heavy with the spray so 4 coats would be too much. I'm told that you can get it off with a little gasoline on a rag but haven't tried it. Obviously it shows up better at night than during the day but the back is plenty bright for me in daylight when riding which is my biggest concern (it passed the concerned wife test).
View attachment 624578 View attachment 624582
View attachment 624577 View attachment 624576
This looks so great! I did the reflectors on my forks as a test before winter. 3 coats seems to be perfect. I’ll for sure be doing my signals in a couple weeks when the weather is warm enough. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
'14 Indian Chieftain, Stage 1 AC/Pipes, decatted, Dynojet PV3, Mid-Rise Bars, Heated Grips/Seats
98 Posts
Wow looks great! I'm thinking I will opt for 2 coats as well. Seems a little dark for daytime riding. I just came across this YouTube video (
) where he recommends using lacquer thinner to prep, and in the event you don't like it or screw it up you can use the lacquer thinner to remove it. Obviously, he recommends NOT getting the thinner on your bike paint, but I have my blinkers out of the fairing so that won't be an issue for me. Thanks for posting the pics! 👍

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, I like what you have done! How/what did you mask off to do the spraying as the turn signals are wired in? Did you pop them out of the chrome casings or just mask off in situ ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2017 Indian Scout Sixty
704 Posts
These are the smoke turn signal lenses I installed on my Scout Sixty. The item description states that these will NOT fit on Bobbers, but perhaps the part number is only a digit or two off?
These are genuine Indian lenses which I bought new through a seller on Fleabay. This set of four lenses cost me $40.

2015-2021 Genuine Indian Scout / Scout Sixty Smoked Turn Signal Lenses - 2884129

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi, I like what you have done! How/what did you mask off to do the sparaying as the turn signals are wired in? Did you pop them out of the chrome casings or just mask off in situ ? Thanks
I popped them out of the metal housing and then masked basically the whole bike. Found some stuff on Amazon with plastic drape and masking tape built in. Like $6 or so. Worked great. Would have been great if the LED could be separated from the lens but such is life.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts