Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder Black non ABS Indian Scout Bobber 20
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have long starting cycles if you store your bike for a week and not start it for that long ? Maybe 2 weeks but still , it sounded like I had the fuel cock off and it had no gas in the bowl

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2021 Indian Challenger Limited Deepwater Metalic
5,678 Posts
Every Victory and Indian I’ve ever owned especially in the cold

·
Registered
Indian Scout Bobber 2021
9 Posts
Anyone else have long starting cycles if you store your bike for a week and not start it for that long ? Maybe 2 weeks but still , it sounded like I had the fuel cock off and it had no gas in the bowl
My own has never done that. I just started my own and more than two months since the previous boot and got started quite normally. The temperature is currently 0 degrees Celsius or 32 degrees Fahrenheit. So mine is a 2021 bobber.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Vintage, 2019 FTR-RR, 2021 Scout Bobber, 1977 Yamaha XS750
808 Posts
One of these might also help. It has a lot more cold cranking amps than the stock battery.
Scale Automotive tire Bumper Audio equipment Gadget
Bumper Audio equipment Gadget Electronic instrument Gas

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have no problems. Starting in cold 20 degrees sitting for weeks. Wonder if it's in tune.

·
Registered
Thunder Black non ABS Indian Scout Bobber 20
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting
I have no issues with the battery , but it is cold here in CT . I will see if it does it again then try the kill switch method of cycling or priming the fuel pump.

·
Registered
2018 Scout ABS. 2019 Scout ABS 2014 Road King. And just totalled a new FTR
279 Posts
It's been pretty cold here the past couple weeks (after riding in short sleeves in December :D ) and after sitting for a few days my '18 takes two cycles to start. The '19 still fires on first cycle, no matter how cold or how long she's been sitting. 'She' is the only girl bike ... the rest are boys. :LOL:

I'll try that 'two pump cycles' thing once the ice is off the roads.

·
Premium Member
Scout Bobber 2020
44 Posts
I think it's a V twin thing. Used to have an Aprilia Shiver and it was like that too

·
Registered
2018 Scout ABS. 2019 Scout ABS 2014 Road King. And just totalled a new FTR
279 Posts
I think it's probably more a funtion of how the brake system is designed/built. I've been a Harley guy since 1982 and it's been rare that I needed to bleed one. I usually replace brake fluid every three or four years and that may have helped, though.

When I bled my front on the Scout couple weeks ago I was down to almost nothing in the cylinder before I stopped seeing bubbles. It was the same on the '19 front and rear ... pretty much bled it all out before the tube was bubble free.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts