Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always thought this site was very slow until I upgraded my internet. I went from a 20Mbps connection to a 300 Mbps connection. My laptop on wifi is many times faster than before with a connection of 180Mbps and the tell was when I clicked mark all read and it finished in less than a second. where before it would take 7 seconds or so. Just my experience as all, I just wanted to share.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I just got a pop up saying Firefox just stopped a "Fingerprinter" .... whatever the heck that is. 2nd time I've gotten that same message when on this site. Never have gotten the Fingerprinter message on any other site. Weird stuff.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I just got a pop up saying Firefox just stopped a "Fingerprinter" .... whatever the heck that is. 2nd time I've gotten that same message when on this site. Never have gotten the Fingerprinter message on any other site. Weird stuff.
Ask Google what it is?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to look it up. Some people suck.

Fingerprinting is a type of online tracking that’s more invasive than ordinary cookie-based tracking. A digital fingerprint is created when a company makes a unique profile of you based on your computer, software, add-ons, and even preferences. Your settings like the screen you use, the fonts installed on your computer, and even your choice of a web browser can all be used to create a fingerprint.

The practice of fingerprinting allows you to be tracked for months, even when you clear your browser storage or use private browsing mode — disregarding clear indications from you that you don’t want to be tracked. Despite a near complete agreement between standards bodies and browser vendors that fingerprinting is harmful, its use on the web has steadily increased over the past decade.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's something you dont want.ask Google th re y will help what it is...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Starting with FF ver. 72 there is a block fingerprinting option.

Your browser is just watching your 6 @WillyH .

·
Registered
142 Posts
For the non technical, fingerprinting is like facial recognition for your browser. Blocking the fingerprinting is like wearing a mask for your browser.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
For the non technical, fingerprinting is like facial recognition for your browser. Blocking the fingerprinting is like wearing a mask for your browser.
And that would be me LOL. Thanks all for the explanations on the fingerprinting. Between FF, my antivirus and malware running, I seem to stay out of trouble ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts