Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chief Dark Horse
143 Posts
In a strange reversal, we may see more aftermarket parts available for the Chief and Super Chief before those bikes are made and delivered to customers.......
I’ve emailed a lot of vendors for seats, fairings, exhaust, risers, etc. and every single one has said they have no eta or even no plans at all (Memphis shades) for parts. It’ll be a long while. Dean Speed has been the only ones out with sissy bars, exhaust, soon to be highway bars, and a 2-1 exhaust coming, etc.

Lots of peeps waiting, and I know that sucks, but lots of peeps with their bikes already. Had mine for about 5-6 weeks and have about 1,450 miles on it so far.
Not expecting parts until next riding season at best.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
520 Posts
My son-in-law has already reached out to Dean Speed on Facebook. The slip-ons for the 2022 Chief will be available in flat black and chrome. The said they are realistically 6-8 weeks away from the start of delivery.
As a side note: my Chief Bobber Dark Horse arrived at my dealer Pitt Cycles on March 25. The service manager asked me if the people from Dean Speed could take some measurements on my bike before I picked it up On March 27. Some of the early bikes floating around were demo models and they wanted to take precise measurements on a production bike so they could accurately design their products to fit correctly.

·
Bronze member
1,872 Posts
Looking forward to some accessories. I desperately want a driver/rider not passenger back rest for my bad back. Then crash bars and slip ons.
I bought head pipes and slip ons for my 17 Roadmaster for what Indian wants just for slip ons. No thanks, I'll wait.

Reactions: Slinger

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I purchased my 2022 Chief Dark Horse Bobber 116 from Stugis Indian last Monday during the rally. Love it. I do miss my Chief Classic though, but this is a good fit for me and I love the power. The Rush rep was at Indian and said they are 6-8 weeks out from coming out with their product for this bike.

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
520 Posts
My son-in-law has Dean Speed exhaust slip ons on order for his Chief Bobber. He has been waiting for about three weeks so far. But a picture on their Facebook page shows they are getting close!
Product Sleeve Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Can't wait! The matte black is going to look great on my Chief Bobber Dark Horse.

I wish they had some sort of slash tips or something similar to change up the ends of the pipes.

·
Bronze member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke w/ Rinehart and V&H. V&H has "no plans for release" and Rinehart said next spring at the earliest. My scoot will be going into winter storage with stock exhaust. I like Dean Speed, but want a little bling on the tips.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have not done any bike exhaust mods in the past, but you would think that something currently on the market for other bikes like HD or Indian would fit the 2022 Chief? Has anyone considered trying a set of V&H slip ons for past 111 or 116 models? Forgive my ignorance on this issue, I would just think there would already be something out there and not necessarily need to be manufactured specifically for this bike. I too really want to change from OEM to give my bike a bit louder deeper sound as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just noticed the Dean Speed pipes are a smaller diameter than the stock pipes, and it does detract from their appearance in my opinion.

·
Bronze member
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just noticed the Dean Speed pipes are a smaller diameter than the stock pipes, and it does detract from their appearance in my opinion.
Actually I like them a little smaller, but they can only be so small to provide proper flow. I just wish they had options for tips. I would be interested in a 2-1, but not the Combat from Freedom if it looks like the Scout version.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I contacted Vance and Haines via email and they replied

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for considering V&H. Unfortunately at this time we do not have plans to release any product for this bike. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

I really hope some companies step up because the sound and look of the factory pipes just don’tdo this bike justice IMO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I contacted Vance and Haines via email and they replied

Hey Daniel,

Thanks for considering V&H. Unfortunately at this time we do not have plans to release any product for this bike. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

I really hope some companies step up because the sound and look of the factory pipes just don’tdo this bike justice IMO.
Dean Speed will put polished stainless tips on their black Rampage for $485, spoke to Bryce a couple weeks ago

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sorry having trouble attaching the video/sound file……

·
Registered
106 Posts
Those look great!!! How long of a wait was it from the time of order to the the time you received them? Did you do a fuel mapping as well or just rolling with stock map?

·
Registered
520 Posts
2022 Chief Bobber 111 with new Dean Speed Slip- Ons!

I think my son-in-law placed his order with Dean Speed at the end of July. He initially ordered matte black finish. He was recently told they were still about 3-4 weeks away from shipping black. They asked him if he was interested in polished stainless. They could ship immediately. He took the stainless. They look great on the bike and sound very good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts