Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve recently have undertaken to task of installing a new pair of K-Tech shocks on my Scout Bobber. In order to complete the install it appears I need to remove the top slip-on. I’ve unfastened what appears to be a tension fastener where the slip-on meets the header. I’ve also removed two other bolts that stabilize the mid and rear of the slip-on. The slip-on wiggles from the rear enough to know that it should be able to slip off. But I can get the damn exhaust to slide out of the header. I’ve managed to get it to pull back maybe a centimeter if that even.

Does anyone have any suggestion or tricks on how to loosen and remove that slip-on w/o damaging it? It seems to be caught in some way where the slip-on slides onto the header.

BTW, I’ve even had some pull on it w/ enough force to pull the slip-on with a nylon strap while I attempted to wiggle the exhaust loose. But again nothing... barely a centimeter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve recently have undertaken to task of installing a new pair of K-Tech shocks on my Scout Bobber. In order to complete the install it appears I need to remove the top slip-on. I’ve unfastened what appears to be a tension fastener where the slip-on meets the header. I’ve also removed two other bolts that stabilize the mid and rear of the slip-on. The slip-on wiggles from the rear enough to know that it should be able to slip off. But I can get the damn exhaust to slide out of the header. I’ve managed to get it to pull back maybe a centimeter if that even.

Does anyone have any suggestion or tricks on how to loosen and remove that slip-on w/o damaging it? It seems to be caught in some way where the slip-on slides onto the header.

BTW, I’ve even had some pull on it w/ enough force to pull the slip-on with a nylon strap while I attempted to wiggle the exhaust loose. But again nothing... barely a centimeter.
Got it! After tugging for two days I sprayed the connection point where the slip-on slides into the header w/ some Blaster PB lubricant and it FINALLY started sliding off! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
If anyone wants to know, it won’t hurt to apply a bit of lubricant to that connection to help remove that slip-on... undamaged. I STILL had to yank on it with a rope to get it to come off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts