Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a slideshow i put together from pictures of my 2400+ mile trip

<iframe src='http://www.youtube.com/embed/yTRL0Uky3m4?wmode=transparent' frameborder='0' width='550' height='438'></iframe>

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice job, Jettim. Thanks. From the angle of your pics I think we were probably within 15 ft. at the Intro.! Indian did a Great job, huh? I rode up from south of Houston on my 2008 Buell Ulysses XT. A great 3500+ mile trip. The new Indians are special, Man! Your stable looks full but there is always room for one more! :) Which one?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RedChieftain, I think i might have seen you. Didn't see too many Buells there, but i recall seeing an Uly. Seems theres always room for just one more beautiful machine! I've got a Springfield Blue Vintage ordered up, put a deposit down in July. last word from the dealership in Lincoln, NE was expected delivery September 10, 7 days to prep/accessories install, so around the 17th! She'll look good and have plenty of company in my shop. Ive got an XB12SS Long Lightning thats a blast to ride on short runs, can't imagine riding 3500 mile on it, but love my Buell (HD's bastard stepchild). If you end up at Sturgis next year we'll have to meet for a brew or two.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Springfield Blue Vintage! Gorgeous bike, Man, and POWERFUL! :) What accessories are you having installed? My Red Chieftain, through the Little Rock dealer, is supposed to arrive around the first week of Oct. I'm looking at a riders backrest and maybe a passenger backrest and luggage rack. Waiting is tough! :) I know, patience is a virtue but . . . . I'll definitely be at Sturgis again next year. The place has a pull on me. It would be great to meet up.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added the stage 1 kit with shark tips, highway pegs, rider backrest, quick release passenger backrest/luggage rack, saddlebag guards, beach bars, lower wind deflectors, fork bag, handlebar bag, war bonnet floorboards.... i think thats it. Figured i'd go full tilt and get all the trinkets straight away. Today's the day for my weekly call to the dealership in NE for the latest update. Justin Vandevort, the manager, is a good guy. Met him at the Sturgis demo rides. I'm exited and a bit impatient as I'd really like to get the planning set for the ride home, especially with the breakin oil change due at 500 miles. I'm still hoping for around the 17th of September. I'll post pics/videos of the ride home, should be a blast!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. Impressive list of accessories! Very cool. You've got me thinking now! Was your dealer the guy in the 'black' shirt? :) An Indian rep. pointed out a guy in a black shirt and said 'he's a dealer and is taking orders'.
I understand the 'bit impatient' comment. I'll actually be visiting your dealer on Friday or Saturday. I'll look up Justin and pass on your comments. We leave today for a slow trip up to Lincoln for a football game Saturday night. I'll also visit my dealer in Little Rock tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll add some accessories! :) That Thunder Stroke is so powerful I didn't feel the stage one was needed. You know more about engines than me. What are your thoughts in getting it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
18350 said:
I added the stage 1 kit with shark tips, highway pegs, rider backrest, quick release passenger backrest/luggage rack, saddlebag guards, beach bars, lower wind deflectors, fork bag, handlebar bag, war bonnet floorboards.... i think thats it. Figured i'd go full tilt and get all the trinkets straight away. Today's the day for my weekly call to the dealership in NE for the latest update. Justin Vandevort, the manager, is a good guy. Met him at the Sturgis demo rides. I'm exited and a bit impatient as I'd really like to get the planning set for the ride home, especially with the breakin oil change due at 500 miles. I'm still hoping for around the 17th of September. I'll post pics/videos of the ride home, should be a blast!
I met Justin yesterday at his very nice shop on the way into Lincoln. A very nice, passionate, Indian guy, for sure. Good to know he is there. It was cool visiting an 'exclusive' Indian shop. Bought one of the new tee shirts he just got in! :). He got some great looking jackets in as well. They have the demo truck coming next weekend.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Redchieftain, thanks for the info. He seemed like a really good guy, has always answered any/all my questions, regardless how stupid or irrelevent. The dealership looks really nice from the pics I've seen. what do the new shirts and jacket look like? Did he mention when he expects to see his first shipment of new bikes? Sounds like you're having a great road trip, safe travels my friend!

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome slideshow, thanks for takin' us with you :)

I found the stripped to the frame shots fascinating - would love to know if there are similar shots for Victory bikes - my Vegas 8 Ball is as bare bones as it gets, but I would still love to see it totally nekkid!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jetting, I believe he said the first bikes will be shipped on Sept. 10. I'd have a hard time trying to describe the shirts and jackets. :). They are cool, though, particularly the jackets. They just put them on the racks and they sold three jackets while we were there! I was tempted myself but held off for another day. It won't be long now and we'll be riding our new bikes! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts