Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone; Just a heads up that our chapter is official, and looking for Indian owners in the west central Florida area. Our next meeting is Saturday, January 7th at 11 am, in the Indian showroom of St. Pete Powersports, 555 34th St South, St Petersburg, FL. All Indian owners welcome!!

Thanks.....Tom (Crash) Woodgeard - Sect. Skyway Chapter # 1982 (941)720-1863 or email at: [email protected]

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hello everyone; Just a heads up that our chapter is official, and looking for Indian owners in the west central Florida area. Our next meeting is Saturday, January 7th at 11 am, in the Indian showroom of St. Pete Powersports, 555 34th St South, St Petersburg, FL. All Indian owners welcome!!

Thanks.....Tom (Crash) Woodgeard - Sect. Skyway Chapter # 1982 (941)720-1863 or email at: [email protected]
When is the next meeting

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hope to hook up with your chapter soon John, but work conflicts have been a problem so far. Live over here in Valrico near Brandon.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
@TomWoodgeard , be sure to post when the next meeting / ride is... Wanted to make it to the last one but couldn't.

@ltdannyboy , have you checked out the central florida chapter out of the lakeland shop (sky power sports)? I met the president (Jeff) at Gibtown and he's a really nice guy. Sounds like it's a smaller group than St. Pete. I plan on checking out both since I'm also kind of in the middle (Ruskin). I also ride with the VWF Riders. If you want, PM me your info and I can let you know the next time we do a poker run or something.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I just found out today that Skypowersports/Lakeland had a chapter. That is where I bought my bike. Funny they did not mention it. Lakeland is a lot closer for me. Probably check them both out as well.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I just found out today that Skypowersports/Lakeland had a chapter. That is where I bought my bike. Funny they did not mention it. Lakeland is a lot closer for me. Probably check them both out as well.
I just emailed Jeff to see when the next meeting / ride is. I'll PM you his email.

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Skyway Chapter # 1982's meetings are always on the first Saturday of the month at 11am, at
the Indian Showroom of St. Pete Powersports, 555 34th St. S St. Petersburg, FL

My info is at the beginning of this thread................Thanks

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Skyway Chapter # 1982's meetings are always on the first Saturday of the month at 11am, at
the Indian Showroom of St. Pete Powersports, 555 34th St. S St. Petersburg, FL

My info is at the beginning of this thread................Thanks
Thanks, Tom... put it on my calendar this time! :)

·
Bronze member
1,719 Posts
I visited that Indian/Kawi/Triumph dealer in St. Pete when I was over in Tampa last month. Me being in the m/c biz for over 40 years it struck me how unfriendly the staff was. NOT one employee acknowledged my presence after walking around for 10 minutes or so, and me being the talkative guy struck up conversations. For the most part it seemed I was bothering them. I would be embarrassed if I or my employee acted that way.
These dealership employees really need to be a bit more friendly.
I do hope all works well for the group.

RACNRAY

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
I visited that Indian/Kawi/Triumph dealer in St. Pete when I was over in Tampa last month. Me being in the m/c biz for over 40 years it struck me how unfriendly the staff was. NOT one employee acknowledged my presence after walking around for 10 minutes or so, and me being the talkative guy struck up conversations. For the most part it seemed I was bothering them. I would be embarrassed if I or my employee acted that way.
These dealership employees really need to be a bit more friendly.
I do hope all works well for the group.

RACNRAY
You're not the first person to notice this. I had a bad experience there and purchased from Lakeland. Tom says there's new ownership and management, but sounds like they still have some work to do...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good morning All,

Tom, I have reached out to you and want to thank you for adding us to your email list, sorry to hijack your thread, just wanted to update some information. Jeff Gullion retired as President from the Central Florida (Lakeland/Longwood) Chapter in the end of February. My husband and I were tasked with taking over the chapter. We look forward to working with and riding with other chapters in the area as well as growing our chapter. We have created a Facebook page ( IMRG Central Florida Chapter 1951 ) where we are listing all of our events. I know that there are times that the Lakeland store seems a little "put-off-ish" and we are trying to work with the guys to get our information out there. We have also added items to the bulletin board, however it is buried on a side wall behind other displays.
Again, sorry for the "hijack" and looking forward to riding with and meeting all of you over time - Jen & Richard Moser - IMRG Central Florida Chapter 1951 - Lakeland/Longwood

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To RACNRAY: St. Pete Powersports was in the middle of an ownership/management change when you visited.
The new owner has "weeded" out the dead weight, and believe me, the attitude has changed for the better.
Please give them another try.
To TheChad: I too have been uncomfortable in the Lakeland dealership. Seems like Indian is in the way.
Hopefully they will adjust their attitude towards Indian owners in the future.

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello Hyoga!! Our next meeting is Saturday, May 6th, 11 a.m. in the Indian Showroom of St. Pete Powersports,
555 34th St. S St. Petersburg, FL
After our last meeting (April 1st) 7 of us rode to Woody's River Roo in Ellenton. We usually ride somewhere after the meeting.
Hope to see you May 6th!! Tom Woodgeard - Secretary IMRG # 1982 - Skyway Chapter

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I need to add this........ You do NOT have to purchase your Indian m/c at St. Pete Powersports to be eligible to belong to our Chapter.
I purchased mine at Panama City Beach Indian because St. Pete P/S,(nor anyone else within 100 miles) had the color I wanted, Blue Diamond.

·
Rider
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of course he is!! Just make sure that he doesn't sign the attendee list at the meeting.
We usually have a ride after the meeting. He is also welcome for that too!
The next meeting is Saturday, May 6th 11 a.m.
Tom (Crash) Woodgeard - Secretary Chapter 1982

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does this group still meet up?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts