Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway

9K views 103 replies 25 participants last post by  GreasySideUp 
#1 ·
I'm starting a 5 day trip on the Blue Ridge Parkway. My only instructions - pack light...

Helmet Motorcycle helmet Material property Photography Space

See less See more
#92 ·
Very Trued on that. I got mine and it was for Free. But then I am a disabled Vet so they rewarded me for my service. The big thing that sucks is it is no good for state parks in most areas. Found that out when I went through Custer SD.

#6 ·
All I see is shoes in your bag? Mostly hers, now that I look...unless you wear pink sneakers.
Good luck and happy riding on your trip. I only wish I had the time. I envy your and your wifey.

#17 ·
Another day in the books! We started out with a saddle bag full of shoes and absolutely no agenda and had an absolutely awesome day. We decided to head south out of Charlottesville in hopes of maybe hitting the Dragon. If there is time we will pick up Skyline Drive on the way home.

The Chieftain continues to impress me. Loaded up we are sitting around 1500# but she pulls like a stuck mountain goat and handles amazingly in the corners. It maneuvers much better than a bike of it's size should. At one of the lookouts I plugged my phone in to charge and she started playing tunes from my playlist. The last 30 miles had some Floyd to bring us in for the night.

Old downtown for some burgers and a live bluegrass band and we are all set. More tomorrow...

#20 ·
Another day in the books! We started out with a saddle bag full of shoes and absolutely no agenda and had an absolutely awesome day. We decided to head south out of Charlottesville in hopes of maybe hitting the Dragon. If there is time we will pick up Skyline Drive on the way home.

The Chieftain continues to impress me. Loaded up we are sitting around 1500# but she pulls like a stuck mountain goat and handles amazingly in the corners. It maneuvers much better than a bike of it's size should. At one of the lookouts I plugged my phone in to charge and she started playing tunes from my playlist. The last 30 miles had some Floyd to bring us in for the night.

Old downtown for some burgers and a live bluegrass band and we are all set. More tomorrow...
Have been reading your thread. You came from VA Beach to Charlottesville, I left Charlottesville and went to VA Beach. Looks like your time on the Blue Ridge has been a good one, next time rolling thru Charlottesville look me up.

#21 ·
Property Architecture Building House Facade

We woke up to an unbelievable view of Roanoake! That's what we get for having zero itinerary and no plan....

We will likely be under a tree tonight with no camping gear. At least we will have shoes to keep us warm. Oh wait...

No to the burger joint. The music was the only good thing about the burger last night unfortunately. We didn't eat all day though because there was no room to pack snacks, so in that respect it was good. No snacks because we need high heels. And flats. And pumps. And sandals...

RBrooks, you are lucky where you live!! The riding is spectacular!

#23 ·
Food Dish Cuisine Ingredient Dessert
Well, we got on the road at the crack of 1 after a lazy morning.

On the way out of town we stopped at HITS. A famous ice cream place that is closing its doors after opening in 1973. The couple met in college and are retiring. We got the second last pint of Rocky Road they will ever make.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.