Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Founding member
1,110 Posts
If you are 62 or older you can purchase a pass good for life at any National park for 10$

As the Skyline Drive is part of the National parks this could be a deal for you.

This is what wife and I did years ago(showing my age here)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just like my wife, for 3 days it both bags , trunk and large bag on top of trunk. I keep threatening to get a trailer lol.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
All I see is shoes in your bag? Mostly hers, now that I look...unless you wear pink sneakers.
Good luck and happy riding on your trip. I only wish I had the time. I envy your and your wifey.

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
You're gonna have great weather for the next few days - lower to mid 80's.

PM me. I get down to VB once or twice a summer. Planning to go in April-May.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another day in the books! We started out with a saddle bag full of shoes and absolutely no agenda and had an absolutely awesome day. We decided to head south out of Charlottesville in hopes of maybe hitting the Dragon. If there is time we will pick up Skyline Drive on the way home.

The Chieftain continues to impress me. Loaded up we are sitting around 1500# but she pulls like a stuck mountain goat and handles amazingly in the corners. It maneuvers much better than a bike of it's size should. At one of the lookouts I plugged my phone in to charge and she started playing tunes from my playlist. The last 30 miles had some Floyd to bring us in for the night.

Old downtown for some burgers and a live bluegrass band and we are all set. More tomorrow...

·
Founding Member
429 Posts
Another day in the books! We started out with a saddle bag full of shoes and absolutely no agenda and had an absolutely awesome day. We decided to head south out of Charlottesville in hopes of maybe hitting the Dragon. If there is time we will pick up Skyline Drive on the way home.

The Chieftain continues to impress me. Loaded up we are sitting around 1500# but she pulls like a stuck mountain goat and handles amazingly in the corners. It maneuvers much better than a bike of it's size should. At one of the lookouts I plugged my phone in to charge and she started playing tunes from my playlist. The last 30 miles had some Floyd to bring us in for the night.

Old downtown for some burgers and a live bluegrass band and we are all set. More tomorrow...
Have been reading your thread. You came from VA Beach to Charlottesville, I left Charlottesville and went to VA Beach. Looks like your time on the Blue Ridge has been a good one, next time rolling thru Charlottesville look me up.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts