Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out this eve my dealer will have an Indian Vintage in the showroom tomorrow. Finally get a chance to see and sit on one. Won't be able to ride it though. I'll see if the saleman will take a pic of me on it. Something to give an idea how a 6'4'' guy with a 36 inseam fits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
17318 said:
Just found out this eve my dealer will have an Indian Vintage in the showroom tomorrow. Finally get a chance to see and sit on one. Won't be able to ride it though. I'll see if the saleman will take a pic of me on it. Something to give an idea how a 6'4'' guy with a 36 inseam fits.

With a 36' Inseam, may need to do some Mods for comfort but can say for a 28' Inseam Fits Pretty Nice ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
17318 said:
Just found out this eve my dealer will have an Indian Vintage in the showroom tomorrow.  Finally get a chance to see and sit on one.  Won't be able to ride it though.  I'll see if the saleman will take a pic of me on it.  Something to give an idea how a 6'4'' guy with a 36 inseam fits. 
Wondering, what dealer is that.

Matt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
17318 said:
Here ya go

It felt small like most Harleys.
I am 6' 4'+ with a 36' inseam, at 285 lbs' in this picture taken at Sturgis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6643 said:
Here ya go

It felt small like most Harleys.
I am 6' 4'+ with a 36' inseam, at 285 lbs' in this picture taken at Sturgis.

Hey buddy we could be twins. Got a pic with your feet on the floorboards?

I was too early. Bike was not there yet. Maybe I can run up tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm 6'1 with a 36 inseam. Felt just like a Harley. Floorboards were high and felt a little cramped. Great handling bike, good power, but just felt a little compact. Boards would have to move for me to be comfortable.
Rode the Classic.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Finally got to see and sit. Was unable to ride due to it being the floor model. Any bike I sit on I will not be able to stretch out. I am satisifed with the Indian leg room. Below you finally get to see what leg room for a 6'4'' guy is. I should say legit 6'4'' with a legit 36'' inseam. My Chief is ordered!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
17318 said:

Finally got to see and sit. Was unable to ride due to it being the floor model. Any bike I sit on I will not be able to stretch out. I am satisifed with the Indian leg room. Below you finally get to see what leg room for a 6'4'' guy is. I should say legit 6'4'' with a legit 36'' inseam. My Chief is ordered!

Congrats to you. While the Indian may not be a strech out type bike, it is massive in girth and it looks good on you! Whadya get,,,,,,Classic or Vintage? Color?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did they have a Chieftan there? That is the model that everyone keeps saying is a little cramped compared to the Cross Bikes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1522 said:
Did they have a Chieftan there? That is the model that everyone keeps saying is a little cramped compared to the Cross Bikes.
With the stock seats (they are the same) the legroom on the Chieftain is identical to the Chief. The difference between the two is the bar position, the Chieftain bars are about 2' closer. For touring the shorter reach is better for long distance comfort. With the position of the faring I'm pretty sure you can't run shorter bars on the Chieftain.
Honestly Mark, I think you'll fit the Chieftain just fine. It will just take some adjustment considering the Vision and XR are so stretched out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1522 said:
The Chieftan is about 2.5 in shorter in length than the other two models. The seating position seems about the same however

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
17318 said:

The fit looks good not small at all, I thought you would be more cramped. I in the other hand have the opposite issue, when others see me on my CR anbd previous XC they say man that bike looks to big for you, but I think fits me fine at 67'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That was the only Indian they had. Lucky to get that. An across state dealer had the demo truck and they were able to borrow the Vintage. My Chief will be red. The Vintage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
7858 said:
The Chieftan is about 2.5 in shorter in length than the other two models. The seating position seems about the same however
The bikes are identical from the steering head back. The shorter wheelbase is the result of the lower rake on the Chieftain.

The only difference in riding position is the handle bars. The Vintage and Classic bars are 2' further away from the rider than the Chieftain which makes perfect sense since touring bike typically have bars closer to the rider, it makes for a more comfortable ride as you pile on then miles.

Pay close attention when doing the demo rides. Some of the demo bikes have the low or short reach seat on them. If you don't pay attention you may think the bike doesn't fit or be surprised when you get the one you ordered and it doesn't have the same ergonomics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts