Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or used a Sirius XM radio for motorcycle riding? With the Chieftain and Roadmaster and their bluetooth capabilities and the cigarette lighter plug in the dash/faring it wouldn't be too hard to hook up. I can't find a Sirius radio that is portable and would hook up to a bike. Anyone use a Delphi model?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Use my smart phone with the Sirius App. and a blue tooth headset. Works great.

Reactions: HERK

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
Anyone have or used a Sirius XM radio for motorcycle riding? With the Chieftain and Roadmaster and their bluetooth capabilities and the cigarette lighter plug in the dash/faring it wouldn't be too hard to hook up. I can't find a Sirius radio that is portable and would hook up to a bike. Anyone use a Delphi model?
Hello, See the below link to a reply I did in this forum that will hopefully answer your question. I received my first DELPHI SkyFi 2 as a gift and have actually bought an extra one on E-Bay for a back up. I love the ability to use this unit in a boom box, in a dock that hooks up to my home stereo and in ALL of my vehicles (4 and 2 wheels). The only hassel is when I go to an area where there is a radio station broadcasting on the FM frequency that I'm using forcing me to change the frequency to another station. In rural areas this is probably no big deal.

http://www.indianmotorcycles.net/fo...dian-roadmaster-specs-features.html#post12018

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a portable XM PI radio by Xm.Look on the XM site.Get a car kit which includes a docking station,power cord and portable antenna.Then a jumper cord to go from portable radio to Aux port on bike radio.Antenna works in most areas depending on trees,hills and what ever.I use this same radio with additional car kits for my trailer and boat.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had several radios on my motorcycles which is great out here in the Southwest where you sometimes don't have any signal for several hundred miles. The only issue that I have with XM Portable radios is that many mount in a manner that vibration over time will lead to the radio to lose power to the base unit as the connector loosens.

Kaisr

·
Registered
99 Posts
.Then a jumper cord to go from portable radio to Aux port on bike radio.
Is the bike radio Aux port under the seat? I have the service manual and the radio is not included in that. I tune to an FM frequency, but that is undependable.

·
Registered
321 Posts
On Roadmaster it suppose to be in little compartment on right side of instrument panel.On my CVO it is right on radio.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Harley had an AUX in so I easily plugged in my Sirius to it. The Indian is a different animal, it appears there is asomething missing as simple as an AUX in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Where exactly is the radio on the bike? Specifically, where does the antenna plug into the radio, I am thinking of using the FM direct adapter that overrides the local interference and you can program the radio to 89.1 and leave it there all the time and it gives clear reception all the time.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Satman 101 that is what I did. antenna plug is behind headlight in the faring and there is a aux power plug there too.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Satman 101 that is what I did. antenna plug is behind headlight in the faring and there is a aux power plug there too.
At the risk of sounding foolish, how do I get to that? What parts do I need to remove to get this hooked up? or can it be done through the opening on the lower right of the fairing?

·
Registered
311 Posts
just pull chrome cover off 2 bolts pops off 3 bolts hold head light in, wires your lookimg for are to the right lower looking from the front.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am pretty sure it is behind the light in the cowling. THE front chrome comes off easily and the display just pops out and then you can see the box.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
I use my Motorola smartphone. For the most part it works fine. I do have to change channels manually.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I can't be without satellite radio. So what I did on the Dark Horse was installed a Boss bike radio and a SiriusXM receiver on the side cover to plug into it via aux cord. Not the prettiest set up with limited space but it keeps the tunes flowing.
bike3.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts