Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoyed pulling up to the hardware store and meeting the 86 year old gentleman who was putting on his 3/4 helmet and ready to mount his 1929 Indian Scout. He said he was the second owner, and purchased it in 1959. The bike has over 175k miles on it, and top speed is 60-65mph. He said he often rides it as early in the morning as possible, including going for longer destination rides, before the traffic reaches its typical 80-85mph speeds. The owner was a man of few words, but he was happy that someone else also appreciated this rolling work of art. We watched him kick start the bike and it started the first time, a little smoke, and off down the road he went. Ride safe, ride Indian.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Slick! I will have to refresh my memory on antique Indian features if this one is indeed a 29 Scout. Beautiful, and ahead of its time! Amazing that it is still in regular use. Someone has done a lot of work to keep her looking this good over so many years and miles!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Very cool bike, indeed! Looks like it has an aoogah horn. Interesting that the clutch has both heel and toe tabs on it. I wonder why that would be? Hope I'm still able to ride my bike at 80.

·
Bronze member
1,312 Posts
Very cool bike, indeed! Looks like it has an aoogah horn. Interesting that the clutch has both heel and toe tabs on it. I wonder why that would be? Hope I'm still able to ride my bike at 80.
It is just like a foot clutch in a car only press to disengage and step down to go! I love my hand shift and foot clutch!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Holy crap, this this is right in my neighborhood! That's the Ace that I frequent as well as the Stater Bros. across the street. I'm surprised that I have never see him and his bike.
Maybe he's really a ghost. After all, it is October.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts