Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only sat on the new bikes and found this very problem.

See: http://www.thevog.net/forum/thread/22295/short-legs/

tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An easy way to get the side stand up is to ride forward or roll forward just a foot or two. The spring tension on the side stand should just pull it up. Some times I get in a hurry and forget to reach out to the side stand and have found that rolling forward just a little helps retract it on both my Vision and Chief.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you put it in gear it will kill the motor, safety switch on sidestand and will send a code to the dash display, it will go away after one restart

·
Registered
57 Posts
the sidestand. one of several my greivances to Indian. not the stand itself, but the spring. its too weak. it neither pulls forward nor back with any snap. I have to bump kick it forward when deploying it. that is not good. on a 25k bike the kickstand functioning should NEVER be an issue. I have hardleys with their crap'ola fork n knife design at less than 89 degree. they are p.p. pos. My expectations, had only hoped ***** would do better. I have many bikes and have zero issues with kickstands or springs on any of them.. why all this dribble? 25large is why! this is suppose to be a world class machine. it cost like one. minimum the kickstand should at least work. Poncho
;'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts