Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,841 Posts
Not here in Arkansas. It turns to ice almost immediately. When it snows, it coats the ground and at first is ok. But then the sun melts the snow a little. At night the stuff freezes. Then the road crews get started. It is really hard to plow a 3" thick sheet of ice off the roads.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I met a guy who rides his Ural year round in MN.
I lived in Beloit, WI for 7 years in the late ‘90’s to early ‘00’s. Used to see a guy with an old GW, whom I don’t think owned a car. He rode that bike every day of the year. No sidecar, either.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I lived in Beloit, WI for 7 years in the late ‘90’s to early ‘00’s. Used to see a guy with an old GW, whom I don’t think owned a car. He rode that bike every day of the year. No sidecar, either.
Wow, in Wisconsin no less. That is impressive.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice Dark Horse! Never owned a sidecar but plan to someday. My friend Chumley (dog) sure wants to ride my motorcycle.

For riding in snow and cold, you should make your wife drive and you can sit in the 'car lol.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Do you have a picture of the other side? We have been discussing the pros and cons of side car vs. trike for when two wheels are not quite enough. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have a picture of the other side? We have been discussing the pros and cons of side car vs. trike for when two wheels are not quite enough. Any thoughts? Thanks
IMG_20170724_121958.jpg

Comparing a Sidecar to a Trike - there are No Cons for the Sidecar. There is, however a Long List of Pros for the Sidecar setup.
>Room for more than 1 passenger
>More room for luggage
>Only 2 wheel tracks - not 3 (helpful in avoiding things in the road)
>Cool Factor
>Sidecar can be removed - go back to 2 Wheels
> Doesn't devalue your motorcycle
>Has a Larger resale audience
>Less tippy than a Trike in Cornering
>Only tippy when turning into the Sidecar side
>more readily available styles
>Fun Factor
and so on :)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
could be fun, but only cold weather dogs like huskies are truely comfortable in very cold weather + the salt put on the roads will destroy a nice rig unless washed off immediately after riding!!! a local friend has beautiful siberian husky + his car window is ALWAYS down unless its raining. about 15 degrees last week + Buckeye the husky was easily half way out the window of the ford focus ENJOYING the COLD!!!

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
could be fun, but only cold weather dogs like huskies are truely comfortable in very cold weather + the salt put on the roads will destroy a nice rig unless washed off immediately after riding!!! a local friend has beautiful siberian husky + his car window is ALWAYS down unless its raining. about 15 degrees last week + Buckeye the husky was easily half way out the window of the ford focus ENJOYING the COLD!!!
They don't Salt the roads here in Montana. They use sand after plowing. So we don't have that Rusting issue so much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not here in Arkansas. It turns to ice almost immediately. When it snows, it coats the ground and at first is ok. But then the sun melts the snow a little. At night the stuff freezes. Then the road crews get started. It is really hard to plow a 3" thick sheet of ice off the roads.
Next time it snows in NWA send some south to Fort Smith. I really want to give it a try

·
Registered
272 Posts
... We have been discussing the pros and cons of side car vs. trike for when two wheels are not quite enough. Any thoughts? Thanks
Yes- go to Sidecar.com and/or join USCA (United Sidecar Association). You don't need a hack to join, and there is SO much info there! Pretty much the only place I've seen with any reliable info, except for here that has a few bits about Indians only. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts