Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking on this site about half say fit a steering damper and the other half say don't worry. So I fitted on to get rid of the wobble at low speed and just love the security it gives me.No wobble with a VW steering damper fitted.
20190507_101608.jpg
20190507_101625.jpg

·
Bronze member
1,148 Posts
I "watch" every post I see regarding sidecars. Can't wait for finances to be available for my Vintage to get her side-mate. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I detest the Fugly things!!!
Never experienced any Wobble above about 25 to 30 MPH and only disconcerting with one hand light grip or no hands..
Just drive thru it... No Problem... of course... I enjoy Flying the Chair as well... And... one day I will show ya how to do a Backwards Wheelie... with a Russian, as they have a real reverse..
This Gettin Old can also be lots of fun!!!!

Speakin of Russians... I have found that if I tighten the Damper on the Russian Rig too much it wanders or hunts, much more... no Wobble tho! I run it quite loose also... the wobble does Not bother me as much as other odd handling quirks..

Sure gotta wonder why in the wide world of Sports this ain't in the Sidecar section????
Kinda like going to someones house and peeing in the coat closet... stead of the Water closet.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I had one on my Deluxe w/Sidecar and it definitely diminished the wobble. By the way, are you overseas (non US)? The reason I ask is your sidecar is on the opposite side as mine.

Bubba

92F9EC20-B676-41A5-80D7-1AB64329CCE8.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts