Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ended up getting the other bag, picture for reference on how they sit on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
497 Posts
I was contemplating the side bag, but the mounts made it a hindrance as they are not compatible (or so I've heard) with anything else you would want to mount such as a fender eliminator or the rear luggage rack like I have. I ended up buying a tail bag off amazon. This was a $25 one, but they have bigger, more expensive, waterproof, etc. ones depending on what you want it for. I just needed something for my bike lock and some odds and ends. Works perfect. Was a pain to pass the straps under the seat though but it was doable.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
I was contemplating the side bag, but the mounts made it a hindrance as they are not compatible (or so I've heard) with anything else you would want to mount such as a fender eliminator or the rear luggage rack like I have. I ended up buying a tail bag off amazon. This was a $25 one, but they have bigger, more expensive, waterproof, etc. ones depending on what you want it for. I just needed something for my bike lock and some odds and ends. Works perfect. Was a pain to pass the straps under the seat though but it was doable. View attachment 592167 View attachment 592168
Found This in another forum. If you haven’t ordered a fender eliminator yet and still interested at getting one this aeromach fender eliminator has the accessory bracket built into it. It was on preorder but I just got the email saying they shipped it. I got the side bag mount and the messenger bag with 500 parts and accessories that I got when I bought the bike. Waiting for the fender eliminator to mount it all up.
Was actually planning to get a luggage rack, will have to look into if it’ll fit or not.

·
Registered
2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
497 Posts
Found This in another forum. If you haven’t ordered a fender eliminator yet and still interested at getting one this aeromach fender eliminator has the accessory bracket built into it. It was on preorder but I just got the email saying they shipped it. I got the side bag mount and the messenger bag with 500 parts and accessories that I got when I bought the bike. Waiting for the fender eliminator to mount it all up.
Was actually planning to get a luggage rack, will have to look into if it’ll fit or not.
The rear luggage rack replaces and uses the same holes as the passenger hand grips that are there by the seat and use those same mounting holes. Under those two holes, there are another set of two smaller holes, and that is where the side bag mounts as well as the fender eliminator. The problems I have heard about is the bracket for Indian's side luggage mount sticks up too far and would interfere with the mounting bracket for the luggage rack. And since those mounting holes are now taken up by the side luggage rack, the fender eliminator now has nowhere to mount to.

I could be mistaken, but I'm just going by what I've read on other reviews. If you're handy with a dremel and perhaps pick up some longer bolts, I'm sure you can mount two accessories in the same place.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts
The rear luggage rack replaces and uses the same holes as the passenger hand grips that are there by the seat and use those same mounting holes. Under those two holes, there are another set of two smaller holes, and that is where the side bag mounts as well as the fender eliminator. The problems I have heard about is the bracket for Indian's side luggage mount sticks up too far and would interfere with the mounting bracket for the luggage rack. And since those mounting holes are now taken up by the side luggage rack, the fender eliminator now has nowhere to mount to.

I could be mistaken, but I'm just going by what I've read on other reviews. If you're handy with a dremel and perhaps pick up some longer bolts, I'm sure you can mount two accessories in the same place.
Cool I’ll check it out once I get this fender eliminator. They say you have to dremel a little to get the side bag to mount up, which is ok with me.
I have a $250 gift card to use for parts and accessories and debating between pegs and the luggage rack.
Leaning more toward the rack. I don’t really mind dremeling to try to make it work, that wouldn’t stop me from getting the luggage rack, just not sure how often I’d use it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I combined the SWMototech side rack with the Indian luggage rack.Had to cut approx .810" from left rack mounts and get some bushings made to combine the 2.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts

Just got my fender eliminator and side bag mount and bag put on. Will probably get the luggage rack and see how I can get it on.

·
Rider
1,179 Posts

Just got my fender eliminator and side bag mount and bag put on. Will probably get the luggage rack and see how I can get it on.
Just picked up rally pegs, windshield mount and windshield, and the luggage rack.
have the Aeromach fender eliminator with the built in accessories Bracket and the side bag mounting bracket mounted. Just installed the luggage rack and went on without any problems. No dremel needed.

·
Rider
1,338 Posts
Think the bag makes it look like your just about to deliver the mail. Whilst functionality is obviously the key here it looks out of sorts with the rest of the FTR styling. A rack is the way to go especially if you are getting rid of the Possum scraper. 🤣

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just picked up rally pegs, windshield mount and windshield, and the luggage rack.
have the Aeromach fender eliminator with the built in accessories Bracket and the side bag mounting bracket mounted. Just installed the luggage rack and went on without any problems. No dremel needed.
How did you get the Aeromach to fit with the side bag mount? I had to file off about a 1/2 inch for clearance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts