Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bobber 60.
I have searched this forum and read everything but have yet to see any but the Ends that work. And I don’t have that kind of cash around.

I have tried two types. Willie and Max throw over with my bike listed in the fitment. No dice. Hits exhaust and doesn’t set well Thumbs down Revzilla.

tried viking. Warrior slant medium Yeah I know. And yeah, did not fit. Unless I install some wide brackets tospan the distance, the fender is just too short and the tail lights too close.

don’t have Italian cash, so I need an economy set preferably medium sized with possibly a lock.

back is starting to hurt carting a backpack full of shit.

someone help a lady out

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
These new ones by Indian look better than anything I have seen yet for the Scout. Or a good messenger back on the left side looks trick too...

Reactions: Next2Normal

·
Silver member
5,038 Posts
Sorry, I space on the Bobber. You probably need a luggage rack and strap you bp to that...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not sure why, but I keep putting off getting a rack. Side bag is always just a tad too small. I wouldn’t let Mr. Malone’s comment dissuade you from finding a setup that works for you. Let’s be honest, these stock rides are bobbers only in name.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure why, but I keep putting off getting a rack. Side bag is always just a tad too small. I wouldn’t let Mr. Malone’s comment dissuade you from finding a setup that works for you. Let’s be honest, these stock rides are bobbers only in name.
A quick google search will show you that nobody puts bags on bobbers, much like choppers. Bikes are put into categories, ie bobber, chopper, cruiser, bagger, touring, so people can know what the riding purpose is. You buy a bobber for a bar hopper and a bagger to carry gear. Much like wearing shorts and being upset because you don’t have pockets. If you’re purpose is pants with pockets, buy cargo pants, don’t look for ways to slap pockets on your shorts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’d start out by buying a bike that is intended to have saddle bags. A bobber is supposed to be a slim stripped down bike, not a bagger. A bagger is a bagger, a bobber is a bobber. Kinda like when guys buy a rocket and complain because there is no storage...
I would certainly start out by saying maybe if you don’t have any advice, carry your presence elsewhere. My bike. My rules.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A quick google search will show you that nobody puts bags on bobbers, much like choppers. Bikes are put into categories, ie bobber, chopper, cruiser, bagger, touring, so people can know what the riding purpose is. You buy a bobber for a bar hopper and a bagger to carry gear. Much like wearing shorts and being upset because you don’t have pockets. If you’re purpose is pants with pockets, buy cargo pants, don’t look for ways to slap pockets on your shorts.
Who hurt you?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
So I know specifically that you said you don’t have Italian cash... but, my recommendation is save up for a good sized bag from ends cuio. They’re very, very good.

Reactions: Next2Normal

·
Registered
80 Posts
Never been one to do a google search to make sure my thinking is okay with everybody else! I do whatever the f I want with my bike.
That’s fine, but if you’re doing something silly don’t be surprised when people have an opinion. Your opinion is buy a tiny bike and complain you can’t make it a bagger. I’m sorry if that offends you. Bigger bikes have options, smaller bikes don’t. Pretty hard to do whatever you want when what you want doesn’t exist or is extremely limited.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don’t know what to say LOL. I’m sure someone with experience with some of the hundreds of luggage options I found for scout bobbers in a quick “google search” will chime in with some advice.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I can see how fitting saddle bags to a bobber would be tricky. There are some nice rear fender racks for the bobber with bags made to fit. Could that be a solution?
I think so.

I’m not aware of saddlebags that hang off that fender, or hang off a solo rack, but with a good rack you can certainly get a good sized sissybar bag that attaches it, and gives you a backrest to boot.

I can fit about a week of clothes in my BR1800 and it’s small enough to fit on the tiny luggage rack that hangs off the back of my sissybar. You could fit a much larger one on a solo rack.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don’t know what to say LOL. I’m sure someone with experience with some of the hundreds of luggage options I found for scout bobbers in a quick “google search” will chime in with so
I can’t tell who is being helpful and who is just trying to give me shit. Sorry I asked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
That’s fine, but if you’re doing something silly don’t be surprised when people have an opinion. Your opinion is buy a tiny bike and complain you can’t make it a bagger. I’m sorry if that offends you. Bigger bikes have options, smaller bikes don’t. Pretty hard to do whatever you want when what you want doesn’t exist or is extremely limited.
Not sure at what point I complained my bike can’t be a bagger. I think you’re just talking childish to get a rise. Pretty sure op was just looking for suggestions, not a beat down from a asshole. At this point I just think you’re funny, as are your opinions. * delete personal agression // Hink

1 - 20 of 48 Posts