Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The foam in my factory Roadmaster seat has broken down to the point that I can barely stand 50 miles on it, so I decided to upgrade to an Ultimate seat. This is the best decision I have made in quite a while. Though I haven't had the opportunity to take it out for and extended test, I was able to put about 150 miles on it Saturday, and it was a vast improvement. I expect it will get even better after being fully broke in. The installation was a little tough, and required my wonderful wife to sit on the seat to get the holes for the side bolts to line up correctly. I am also grateful to her for reading the instructions on the Captain Itch crotch cooler installation, and convincing me that changing the rear tank bolts (that were thoughtfully provided by Ultimate) was truly necessary. And on a final note, I placed an on-line order at 10:00 am on May 27th, and the seat was delivered by UPS at 2:00 pm on the 29th. Bravo Ultimate...well done.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The ultimate seat is definitely one of the best upgrades that I’ve made on my Springfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
The foam in my factory Roadmaster seat has broken down to the point that I can barely stand 50 miles on it, so I decided to upgrade to an Ultimate seat. This is the best decision I have made in quite a while. Though I haven't had the opportunity to take it out for and extended test, I was able to put about 150 miles on it Saturday, and it was a vast improvement. I expect it will get even better after being fully broke in. The installation was a little tough, and required my wonderful wife to sit on the seat to get the holes for the side bolts to line up correctly. I am also grateful to her for reading the instructions on the Captain Itch crotch cooler installation, and convincing me that changing the rear tank bolts (that were thoughtfully provided by Ultimate) was truly necessary. And on a final note, I placed an on-line order at 10:00 am on May 27th, and the seat was delivered by UPS at 2:00 pm on the 29th. Bravo Ultimate...well done.
Des at Ultimate is a good guy, with a good product!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agreed, the Ultimate is my 3rd seat on this bike and is the first one I can ride all day without butt-burn. And the wife loves it too.
Interested to know what the other seats were. I’m comparing Mustang, Ultimate, and Saddlemen Road Sofa for a comfortable 2-up option. My stock seat is not good for a long ride.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Sure hope Ultimate lives up to the hype! I ordered mine a few weeks ago knowing it would be a back order due to things being shut down for a while. The suspense is killing me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have an Ultimate Tall Boy on my 2017 RM. I love the back rest but I found that I still am not comfortable after anything other than a short ride. I like many others here suffer from D.G.S. (Diminutive Glute Syndrome). Thought about a Mustang and will like try one down the road but in the mean time I am using an Airhawk I got used from a forum member and it works great for now. Way more comfort and easy to adjust the air to exactly the way you want it...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Bought the Ultimate for my RM and Vintage and love them. Waiting to get one for my Challenger too. Last year the backrest bracket broke. I called Ultimate and they said send it back in. They fixed it at no charge and apologized for the problem I had. The seat had 20k miles on it. Now that is customer service!!!!

Reactions: TechRider

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,074 Posts
I'm in the same boat... Waiting on 2 parts for my Challenger, can't wait till Ultimate releases the seat!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts