Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have often used the SupaBrake brake light modulator from ViziTec on my motorcycles to increase visibility. I had one in the toolbox but it would not work on the Scout due to the Can Bus architecture.

ViziTec has a totally plug and play unit that Bernard said would be plug and play and it installs in about 5 minutes. I like these because they are intelligent, not strobing your brake light every time you touch the levers. And aside from the connector, is only the size of a quarter.

if you are looking for something like this, check them out.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What is “intelligent” on them and what’s the point NOT strobing every time you touch the lever???? Increasing visibility by being as annoying to the car following as possible :eek:is the only reason to install a strobe break light, no?

·
Registered
121 Posts
And can you find a video on YouTube to show what it looks like in action? I did a quick look and nothing turned up for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
565 Posts
Maybe another spammer - the entire post doesn't look legit to me :mad: :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No. If you were in traffic it would flash only the first time you stop then it delays for 12 sec. so if you just advance then stop it will not strobe. So it isn’t annoying.
Also, it is programmable on the bike once installed.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Ok, I get it, but I like it as annoying as possible, to wake up, or better, keep awake and alert the texting teenagers behind me in a car. :oops:;)o_O Even when stopped in traffic. I frequently release and immediately reapply the brakes when stopped to initiate my strobe flash to get their attention.

·
Rider
846 Posts
After getting the rear driver's attention initially, it is merely a courtesy to not continue flashing them as you approach the stop. Of course, since its programmable, you can set it to max annoyance mode and hope the guy doesn't decide to "nudge" you. BTW, you can also adjust the lag time between repeated braking and flashing... I leave most settings (their are at least a dozen of them) in their default state, as they all seem like perfectly reasonable choices to me and I'm a firm believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". And yes, the cables/plugs fit perfectly! I highly recommend.

·
Silver member
6,282 Posts
I've been using Vizi-tech for about 4 or 5 years - basically from when I first heard of it - most recently on my Chieftain; extremely easy to install.
Bernard is fantastic to deal with.
They come pre-programmed; however, they are very easy to re-program if you don't like the factory setting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts