Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Indian Scout. The pulley is original. Took some pictures when the rear tyre was replaced recently:

·
Bronze member
1,950 Posts
I don’t know the first thing about belt drives.

Might be a good idea to give the mileage and riding conditions you usually are in.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not really bothered about mileage or conditions...without trying to sound too blunt. I am concerned that the plating is flaking from the teeth and small areas of corrosion are present. Scuff marks have started to appear on the teeth of my drive belt and my instinct tells me to act now before any serious belt damage occurs.

·
Rider
1,161 Posts
Mileage is important. A belt and pulleys should be good for 50-70k miles dependent on differing factors, for example have you removed your belt guards and riding conditions as mentioned. Without sounding blunt some of the offerings including the ‘exchange’ Custom Chrome ones on E-Bay don’t look any better than yours. If your instinct is telling you to change it you know what to do!

·
Registered
336 Posts
That looks like normal wear to me. You might buy an extra and keep it on the shelf like I do , then check it at every tire change. Got it when you need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts