Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Rider
674 Posts
they are lowering an inch and a half.hope there isn't a problem.
Nah, don't worry about it. I had mine lowered 1.5" on my '14 Chieftain because I wanted to be solidly flat footed with my wife riding with me. 50k miles since, never had an issue and I've ridden everywhere out West. If I scrape (which is rare now), it just reminds me to slow down.

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
Nah, don't worry about it. I had mine lowered 1.5" on my '14 Chieftain because I wanted to be solidly flat footed with my wife riding with me. 50k miles since, never had an issue and I've ridden everywhere out West. If I scrape (which is rare now), it just reminds me to slow down.
@bambam0099
Can you do me a favor and measure the height from ground to the centerline of your rear fender when the bike is vertical? I am comparing how much actual drop there is after the links are installed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
First ride first day I took it to a little 80 mile route I do.It would be a little rough on my Dyna in about 10 to 12 spots,Nothing on my Chieftain.Smooth sailing from here out.I will finish the break-in this weekend,then take it on a longer ride to see how far I can go on it in one stretch.

·
Rider
674 Posts
@bambam0099
Can you do me a favor and measure the height from ground to the centerline of your rear fender when the bike is vertical? I am comparing how much actual drop there is after the links are installed.
Sure, I'll do it tomorrow

EDIT: Ok, I did the best I could with one hand! LOL! I measured to the bottom of each saddle bag and the rear fender. I'm 5'7", ~225lbs and run with 115-120 air pressure in the shock because my wife routinely rides with me. I can easily flat foot. Like I said, I've ridden the entire West and never had a problem in the corners scrapping but then again, I ride safe and wouldn't want to scrape, especially after seeing a few accidents caused by that.

IMG_0489.JPG IMG_0492.JPG IMG_0494.JPG IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0496.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,660 Posts
First ride first day I took it to a little 80 mile route I do.It would be a little rough on my Dyna in about 10 to 12 spots,Nothing on my Chieftain.Smooth sailing from here out.I will finish the break-in this weekend,then take it on a longer ride to see how far I can go on it in one stretch.
Better take some water, and maybe a snack. You will be gone longer than you think. :giggle:

Reactions: m77mkii
41 - 45 of 45 Posts