Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I highly recommend the reduced reach handlebars for the Chieftain. They maintain the same grip angles just bring them closer to the rider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
1,029 Posts
I'm height challenged and have almost 90k miles on my '14 Chieftain. All I did was get the reduced reach bars and add an extension on to my side stand, no lowering or anything like that. I ride two up most of the time. After getting used to not being able to flat foot the bike I haven't had any issues. Moving the big ass bike around under only my power was also a little challenging, but ultimately even that isn't an issue now.... I cannot maneuver the bike like my 6'4" buddy does his Heritage, but that is to be expected in my opinion.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I’m 5-4 and have the Arnott air suspension. I did not make any changes on riding position (handle bars, seat) but dropping the air suspension makes it a lot easier to move the bike back and In tight spaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put a deposit on the Chieftain today Supposed to pick it up on Saturday.Bars, seat and kickstand all reduced reach.Bought cars and trucks and always had a twinge of regret,even when the vehicle was perfect.Not getting that now ,can't wait for Saturday.Maybe Friday if it's ready.Think I won't be feeling well for work if it's ready on Friday....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Put a deposit on the Chieftain today Supposed to pick it up on Saturday.Bars, seat and kickstand all reduced reach.Bought cars and trucks and always had a twinge of regret,even when the vehicle was perfect.Not getting that now ,can't wait for Saturday.Maybe Friday if it's ready.Think I won't be feeling well for work if it's ready on Friday....
You did the right thing by buying everything at once.
Now you can enjoy.
Check out Captain Itch - Quality Motorcycle Leather Goods & Motorcycle Heat Shields
It’s a leather cover, that keep the heat from the rear cylinder head and cat area from roasting the boys, .
Also looks nice too

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to pick it up today,was still a little too high.Mechanic said he could go down another inch and a half without effecting the ride smoothness or bottom out.I'll have to wait 7 more days,but I think it will be worth the wait to just get it done right the first time.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Went to pick it up today,was still a little too high.Mechanic said he could go down another inch and a half without effecting the ride smoothness or bottom out.I'll have to wait 7 more days,but I think it will be worth the wait to just get it done right the first time.
What made a difference to me was I bought a pair of cowboy boots . The heal and sole made the difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
forgot to add,the reduced reach kickstand wasn't enough.they will have to add to it.Aftermarket extension

·
Registered
47 Posts
5' 6 reduced reach (heated) seat made a world of difference...not sure if I'm going to replace the bars yet

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 45 Posts